carvin legacy II pics

tuffvit

• Members

From the description, it's retained the clean and lead channel of the Legacy and the additional channel is a crunch channel.

I always thought he would design the Legacy II to have a clean, lead and higher gain lead channel for solos hence eliminating the need for outboard boost pedals.

Come to think of it, he wouldn't have designed the Jemini if that were so.

I'm interested to hear what the new channel can do but I'll stick with my Legacy cos' I don't see myself needing a crunch channel

• Members

From the description, it's retained the clean and lead channel of the Legacy and the additional channel is a crunch channel.

I always thought he would design the Legacy II to have a clean, lead and higher gain lead channel for solos hence eliminating the need for outboard boost pedals.

Come to think of it, he wouldn't have designed the Jemini if that were so.

I'm interested to hear what the new channel can do but I'll stick with my Legacy cos' I don't see myself needing a crunch channel

+1

Well said. I like my legacy a lot, but I don't need the damn clean boosted. I boost the lead channel, but since that will be similar, no need for this amp. I thought it would be more like the Ecstasy, but it doesn't seem that way? Cool feature with the master volume, but I am happy running mine through my weber. I will go test it out though....see if it is voiced at all different? one other feature I don't see mentioned is the loop? I was hoping it would be tube driven....don't think so though

• Members

Looks like a Legacy with more knobs and toggles. Does anyone really expect much more from Carvin?
:)

It may sound better than it looks with Ben Fargen's role in it's development though.
:lol:

Not so much expecting anything from Carvin but I was kinda expecting something different from Steve. A boosted clean channel ???? Seriously ???

Fargen's role in all this IMO is all in the power section of the amp. That whole 'finally an amp with a master volume that doesn't change it's saturation or your tone' screams London Power/Power Scaling. Isn't that what Fargen amps are known for ?

• Members

Sometimes boosted cleans sound great. Example: Electric Gypsy by Andy Timmons.

I wonder if it would look better with the wood behind the grill taken out and the grill mounted alone so you could see the tubes behind it. Poor cosmetics though. They should have Scott Splawn design their amps.

• Members

Sometimes boosted cleans sound great. Example: Electric Gypsy by Andy Timmons.

Fair enough but a boosted clean channel has never been Vai's tone. If he wanted that semi dirty/semi clean tone, all he does is roll off his guitar's volume knob.

Meh I don't really care tbh. I love my Legacy and that's all I need

Archived