How long did it take you to finish college?

matterday

• Members
I'll decide for sure at the end of this semester but right now all signs are pointing towards Recreational Management.

Edit: Or Public Administration.

Dude, how do you get a 1.5 in that? Are you going to class? :facepalm:

My first degree, an associates (and waste of time :rolleyes:) took me 20 months.

My second degree, BS in Electrical Engineering, took me 5.5 years while working full time. I could only take 9-12 hours per semester or I would be totally over loaded between school, work, playing in a band, and recording local bands.

I found the class work to be much harder than the actual job after college. So no need to fear 'real' life (unless you are afraid of cooking your own meals and doing your own laundry). :p

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Like I said mudderfuqquer :poke:

College in UK =/= college in US
:cop:

*teases u for not knowing* :poke:

That explains why I always hear Brits say they are going to University. Which sounds weird to Americans, because we think of University as a place. So we say that we are going to the University or a University.

It's funny how the language changes over time in different places.

What is College in the UK?

• Members
That explains why I always hear Brits say they are going to University. Which sounds weird to Americans, because we think of University as a place. So we say that we are going to the University or a University.

:oh, I get it nao.

:facepalm:

• Members

I dunno I think it's like a continuation of high school in america or something :idk:

Basically when you finish High School, you get GCSE grades.

Those grades then go towards getting into college and when you finish your "generally" two year college course, you get A-Level grades.

Those grades then go towards getting into university and then you do your 3-4 year degree :love:

I think they changed the GCSE thing recently into a diploma thing or some {censored}. Happened after I left HS so I don't really know :idk:

• Members
I dunno I think it's like a continuation of high school in america or something
:idk:

Basically when you finish High School, you get GCSE grades.

Those grades then go towards getting into college and when you finish your "generally" two year college course, you get A-Level grades.

Those grades then go towards getting into university and then you do your 3-4 year degree
:love:

I think they changed the GCSE thing recently into a diploma thing or some {censored}. Happened after I left HS so I don't really know
:idk:

Interesting. Here in da USA, a College is a place where you can get an undergraduate degree (4 year degree, BA, BS). A University is a place where you can get a undergraduate, graduate (masters), or doctorate degree (PhD).

At least I think that's how it technically works. Most of us use University/college as synonyms.

• Members

Interesting. Here in da USA, a College is a place where you can get an undergraduate degree (4 year degree, BA, BS). A University is a place where you can get a undergraduate, graduate (masters), or doctorate degree (PhD).

At least I think that's how it technically works. Most of us use University/college as synonyms.

:oh :confused:

Both your undergraduate and masters/doctorates are done through university over here :idk:

What age do you guys finish high school?

• Members

Misle pretty much got it.

Colleges offer 4 year degrees, some will have select graduate programs. Schools with specific programs (College of Law, College of business, etc) are often called colleges as well.

Universities tend to have programs from undergraduate to doctoral in their subjects.

• Members
We did get a little off topic there, didn't we. No reason to be a {censored}head about it though.
:p

Just joking. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
:D

I had already deleted this post cause I realized my panties were in a bunch. :p

• Members

:oh

It's sixteen over here. Our college is basically the last two years of your high school where you choose to specialize.

That makes sense. The first 2 years of college here is where you kind of choose then the last 2 is for specialized classes. My last 2 years in high school were a complete joke.

• Members

6 years!! I also started as a Psychology major and then a year deep changed it to a BFA. I also took time off to tour and travel etc...and worked over 40hrs a week the whole time.

I will never really use my actual degree for a job, but the knowledge I gained was beyond what I ever imagined.

Archived