ESP vs Ibanez

Chrisjd

• Members
Im damned if im quoting all the dumb {censored} posted about trems in this thread, so i'll just say this:

The Ibanez Edge and Lo-Pro Edge are some of the best locking trems ever made, anybody who says different doesnt know much about the subject
:idk:

The Edge-Pro is very good, not quite as good but still a top-notch trem, and with some nice refinements. If the Lo-Pro is a 10/10, the Edge pro is about 8.5-9 in my book.

The Edge-zero (current Ibanez trem) sucks monkey balls. They had some good ideas but they made it in China and it's pretty crap compared to their previous high-end trems.

:blah::blah::blah: Edge is good because I SAID it is, and I'll be dmaned if I will post why...it just is because I said it.

:p I'm {censored}ing with ya dude. But, seriously for a moment.... if you're gonna come in all hardcore.....you could at least have SOMETHING. I said I wasn't an expert on "edge".....but you've given me NOTHING to go on. No pics, no specs, no how's or why's. Just bullcrap conjecture, then ridicule other people who HAVE posted pics and detail.

Odd.... but if that's how you roll it's cool.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
i cant help it if you cant 'splain things for {censored}

-whatchyagunadoo? whatchyagunadoo when 17Boobs comes a gunnin for yoo?
:lol:

You're both simpletons.

He couldn't get a Lo-Pro, one of the best damn Floyds out there, to work properly and is bitching about design improvements, and you apparently can't read English. :cop:

We need a specific 9ball and 17 Tubes forum where just these two can hang out. :facepalm:

• Members
LOL... "as many people take a dump on me"...

You know what....I honestly don't care. Really. I speak my mind same as everyone else. I don't have a spell checker on my main PC. There's no one here that's is a Ghandi, Einstein, Eddie Van Halen or even Alex Lifeson
:p

And though I really like a few people, there's no one here I'm trying to impress or blow. I don't care what most think. I don't try to impress people with what amp I bought or what strange woman I {censored}ed, or how witty I can be. There's too many kiddie retards on here for me to worry. I is what I is, and the people that know me in real life...know me. And I do fine thanks much.

FWIW, You're one of the guys I like and respect....wish I could sit down and have a beer or two or three with a few forum members. But I'm like 300 miles from the nearest state, let alone most everyone else.

I'm betting my first encounter ecto-home state will be Kage.
:eek:

You know it's funny how small the world is - I'll bet that sometime in the near future we'll kick back with a few brews and some loud amps and it'll be a good old time.
:thu:

• Members
DUde....I did say it.

Go back and check again....like this:

If you don't believe me, go back and check it yourself. "Kahler Floyd"

Instead of sticking out ther back, where you can get to them, they come out in the middle, just like I said.

Now what?

Yeah that's exactly what we are talking about.

I'm hoping this picture will clarify what I mean.

The Lo Pro Edge moves the locking screw forward and puts a tongue on the back of the saddle that is lower than teh plane of the locking block. This allows the fine tuners to sit closer to the guitar. This way it's not in your way when you're playing. Many tremolos have adopted this design in recent years.

Here is a picture to compare the Lo Pro Edge (what you have, arguably the best Floyd ever made) to the original Edge. The knife edges and base plate are the same basic design as before. They just moved things around to package it more efficiently

LoProOriginal.jpg

Do you see how much higher the tail of the original Edge in the background is compared to the lo profile Edge in the foreground? And I dont see what the big deal is about the allen wrench there either... :idk:

I can understand if you dont like them, some don't. Maybe yours was worn out and needed a little help, who knows. But there is nothing wrong with the design.

• Members
Yeah that's exactly what we are talking about.

I'm hoping this picture will clarify what I mean.

The Lo Pro Edge moves the locking screw forward and puts a tongue on the back of the saddle that is lower than teh plane of the locking block. This allows the fine tuners to sit closer to the guitar. This way it's not in your way when you're playing. Many tremolos have adopted this design in recent years.

Here is a picture to compare the Lo Pro Edge (what you have, arguably the best Floyd ever made) to the original Edge. The knife edges and base plate are the same basic design as before. They just moved things around to package it more efficiently

LoProOriginal.jpg

Do you see how much higher the tail of the original Edge in the background is compared to the lo profile Edge in the foreground? And I dont see what the big deal is about the allen wrench there either...

I can understand if you dont like them, some don't. Maybe yours was worn out and needed a little help, who knows. But there is nothing wrong with the design.

They are built differently. Yours has a step. If you look carefully in the pic I showed (I didn't take that pic to show the screws, so it's hard to see), you will see the allen screws IMBEDDED inside the middle of the trem system. You literally have to angle a perfectly sized all screw down inside.

But that isn't the only problem with that trem. You can see it has HALF the "mass" that a regular Floyd has, or the one you have shown.

You and 9ball are being quite unreasonable about something that is completely different than what you are talking about.

• Members
I'll be honest, the dumb {censored} I couldn't be bothered quoting - most of it was from you
:thu:

I would think from my post

"but you've given me NOTHING to go on. No pics, no specs, no how's or why's. Just bullcrap conjecture, then ridicule other people who HAVE posted pics and detail. "

That you would KNOW I know you were talking about me?:thu:

But you haven't said how it's dumb. I suppose you just SAYING "that's dumb" makes it so?

If you can't be bothered with explianing yourself, that's okay too.

• Members
You're both simpletons.

He couldn't get a Lo-Pro, one of the best damn Floyds out there, to work properly and is bitching about design
improvements
, and you apparently can't read English.
:cop:

We need a specific 9ball and 17 Tubes forum where just these two can hang out.
:facepalm:

I never said I couldn't "get it to work properly". Apparently you can't read either.

I said the design of it is flawed. It's half the size of a Floyd/newer Ibanez...just look at the pics carefully. I said you have to get to the imbedded allen screws to losen the blocks.

• Members
Yep, that's a Lo Pro Edge, but it's based on the Floyd Rose Pro design. Linked directly from FloydRose.com:

pro.jpg

http://www.floydrose.com/pro.html

One more time :rolleyes:....that design is COMPLETELY different than the one I showed. Even the Floyd you are showing is NOT an original Floyd design- the one MOST people talk about when they say "OFR".

The OFR has the micro tuners on top, at the end, perpendicular to the guitar body. The allen screws stick out of the back at the end.

• Members
Close the thread down, it's been "17 tubed".
:idea:

Ah...silence the opposition by executive order? Of course.

Look...people are giving me {censored} about stuff they don't even know about. I ceretainly wish I could show the trem better, but I would have never expected such idiocy. Everyone is arguing, posting pics, and NOT EVEN CLOSE. In the bad pic I have shown, even "a simpleton" should be able to see it not the same.

• Members
I never said I couldn't "get it to work properly". Apparently you can't read either.

I said the design of it is flawed. It's half the size of a Floyd/newer Ibanez...just look at the pics carefully. I said you have to get to the imbedded allen screws to losen the blocks.

No, you said it was a rubbish trem... which means you couldn't get it to work properly, as the Edge and Lo-Pro are quite simply top quality trems.

What's this half the size/mass bull{censored}? Did you ever take it out of the guitar and feel how heavy the {censored}ing thing is? The Lo-TRS was a piece of {censored} trem made out of some sort of wet recycled newspaper, but the Edge and Lo-Pro are big solid trems. I just finished working on one of my Ibanezeseses half an hour ago and had the bridge off to tighten the arm socket. There's nothing small about the Lo-Pro at all. And what the {censored} are you talking about screws being embedded?! :confused:

Seriously, it sounds like you're just completely taking the piss. No one can make this little sense all in one go without doing it deliberately. :freak:

• Members

But you haven't said how it's dumb. makes it so?

It dumb because you keep banging on about the location of the string-clamping bolts. You're complaining about an IMPROVEMENT :facepalm:

The Edge Lo-Pro has the clamping bolts shortened, so they dont run under the fine tuners. This allows the the fine tuners to be lowered down, which is WHAT MAKES IT A LO-PRO :facepalm:

That's it. ? That's your criticism?

They're both extremely well built, good mass, high tolerance construction, locking trem-posts etc. Which is why they are considered to be among the best locking trems made.

Edge

f_tr_e.jpg

Lo-Pro Edge

f_tr_elp1.jpg

Note the shortened clamping bolts, and moved fine-tuners. IMPROVEMENT

• Members
One more time
:rolleyes:
....that design is COMPLETELY different than the one I showed. Even the Floyd you are showing is NOT an original Floyd design- the one MOST people talk about when they say "OFR".

The OFR has the micro tuners on top, at the end, perpendicular to the guitar body. The allen screws stick out of the back at the end.

Point out to me the part where he said that's an OFR. Coz I'll be damned, but every time I read it, I keep seeing "Floyd Rose Pro" (i.e. the Floyd Rose low profile trem), but obviously that's not really the case.

Start paying attention. :mad:

• Members

2) ESP has Decent Kahler Floyd.
Ibby has cheap chintzy Ibby Floyd. Even the design of it was dumb, as the block screws didn't come out the back, but had to be gotten to in the middle of the trem. Dumb.
Even the locking nut was cheap cheap cheap.

You're complaining that the trem on your guitar, which is a Low Pro Edge, is an inferior Ibby design, when in fact it's virtually an identical copy of the Floyd Rose Pro bridge, and considered by many to be the best Floyd derived trem on the market, including over the OFR! So if you think the design sucks, blame Floyd Rose, not Ibanez. The only things Ibanez changed from the Floyd Rose Pro were the same changes they made to the OFR design for the Edge:

* A bigger, heavier base plate with replaceable knife edges instead of them being the actual base plate itself. (A HUGE improvement)

* Drop in arm with nylon bushings instead of screws.

* Spring retainer bar that screws into the block.

Everything else is a copy of the Floyd Rose Pro design, which was designed to make the Floyd a lower profile. It is the same quality as the OFR, made in the same plants as the OFR, and is just as tough as the OFR. The only real difference is the low profile and a narrower string spacing.

Yes, and the reason for moving those micro tuners to the back (which necessitated moving the string lock screws to mid-trem) was to keep your hand from hitting them while palm muting/picking and knocking them out of tune. That's why it's considered to be an improvement.

• Members
Ah...silence the opposition by executive order? Of course.

Look...people are giving me {censored} about stuff they don't even know about. I ceretainly wish I could show the trem better, but I would have never expected such idiocy. Everyone is arguing, posting pics, and NOT EVEN CLOSE. In the bad pic I have shown, even "a simpleton" should be able to see it not the same.

god dude- it's always the same with you. somebody doesnt understand some {censored}ed ass explanation you give of something, then you get pissed off because you cant explain things,and then it's everyone else's fault for being 'idiots' and picking on poor 17 moods
then you're always all "now what? so now what's it gonna be? huh? huh? trying to silence ole' 17 tubes are we ? huh? huh?" lol
im convinced you're bi-polar or something.
trying to answer one of your questions is like trying to step on a land mine and not make it explode :lol:

• Members
god dude- it's always the same with you. somebody doesnt understand some {censored}ed ass explanation you give of something, then you get pissed off because you cant explain things,and then it's everyone else's fault for being 'idiots' and picking on poor 17 moods

then you're always all "now what? so now what's it gonna be? huh? huh? trying to silence ole' 17 tubes are we ? huh? huh?" lol

im convinced you're bi-polar or something.

trying to answer one of your questions is like trying to step on a land mine and not make it explode

• Members
They are built differently. Yours has a step. If you look carefully in the pic I showed (I didn't take that pic to show the screws, so it's hard to see), you will see the allen screws IMBEDDED inside the middle of the trem system.

You literally have to angle a perfectly sized all screw down inside.

What exactly do you think my allen wrench in the picture is attached to? :confused:

We are talking about the exact same thing. me and other guys have explained it to you a dozen times, but I guess you're not really gonna get it because you're deadset on assuming we dont understand what you're talking about.

And as far as your tool not working, it's definitely not a problem if you use an actual allen wrench like I have in my picture. I suppose that could be a disadvantage, but the point of changing the layout was to make the tremolo more ergonomic during play.

• Members
And as far as your tool not working, it's definitely not a problem if you use an actual allen wrench like I have in my picture. I suppose that could be a disadvantage, but the point of changing the layout was to make the tremolo more ergonomic during play.

Maybe he uses the long part of the allen wrench towards the screw and by doing that he can't fit it there.:cop:

• Members

I voted for ESP, even though I'm selling mine and holding onto my Ibanez. I'll def have an ESP in the future when I do music more professionally, right now I can't afford to hold onto it, but it's a great playing instrument. I really dig a lot of the Japanese ESP signature models, mostly because I really dig most of the bands that the models belong to. Lots of far out, yet really neat designs, hopefully one day I'll be able to afford one of the really wonky Japanese artist guitars :D

Archived