Why Does Anyone Defend Lars Ulrich?

JBecker

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I notice you haven't responded to my answer :poke:

I missed it.. I'll respond now.

1) I don't think he's complimented the music "well enough" for a long time and I think he's a bigger part of why people don't like newer Metallica than most people realize. I cannot being to tell you how much I feel drums can change the whole feel of a song and a band at any moment, and I cannot begin to express how much I think he fails at doing that well. More than that, even when he was doing something that complimented the music, "well enough", I wouldn't have complained about him, but, that doesn't change the fact that I think a lot of guys could have done better than "well enough" which is about as good as I think he ever was.

2) I constantly hear he's a huge influence on arrangement and song writing. I'm not sure how much of this can be true for the benefit because I'd have to think if he truly has such a talent for songwriting he could hear how bad his drum parts sound when it's not complimenting the music like it hasn't for 18 years or so. But giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's this great arranger, that still doesn't take away from the fact that it's quite obvious he's not a good drummer. In fact, he's a bad drummer with bad ego that probably none of us would want in our own bands.

• Members

why are people focusing on what metallica is now? Cant you grasp and remember what they once started and how great they were. People lose their spark after 30 years of doing somthing. They arent gonna bust out master and and justice again because that style and their ability was good at the time during the 80's and now fast forward to today and they have aged alot and their style is old news now, music has evolved into bigger things. They created alot of good music back then but today they are just average. Stop bagging on them when you couldnt reach the level they have. Dont forget how good they used to be seriously, dont judge them based on today , that wouldnt be fair.

How old are you? 10?

• Members

Lars is great. Why is it that a few people who play drums think they must provide irregular beats and excessive fills to be a good drummer. He's pulled back a bit and is providing what the songs need, a solid foundation. I hate it when I play with people and the drummer can't even give us a basic beat but he can do 100 mph drum roll. Very unimpressive.

• Members

Lars is great. Why is it that a few people who play drums think they must provide irregular beats and excessive fills to be a good drummer. He's pulled back a bit and is providing what the songs need, a solid foundation. I hate it when I play with people and the drummer can't even give us a basic beat but he can do 100 mph drum roll. Very unimpressive.

ya thats crap to. Its about groove and feel - and he lacks that alot in my books.

Archived