Humbucker tone from a single coil PU...

solarburn

• Members

what about stacked buckers, hotrails, or something like a p90?

Well I just got a strat that's all single coil. I've always had humbucking guitars so I really don't know of any single coil alternatives. Its just got to fit the slot though. I don't want to do any modding on it. Will stacked buckers fit and what do you think about Hot Rails?

• Members

Well I just got a strat that's all single coil. I've always had humbucking guitars so I really don't know of any single coil alternatives. Its just got to fit the slot though. I don't want to do any modding on it. Will stacked buckers fit and what do you think about Hot Rails?

hm.. i never dug hot rails, to be honest, but i have one of these in a tele-- and it's fairly beefy sounding--

seymour duncan stk-t2b

STK-S2.jpg

it's quiet-- fairly thick-- and it sounds better than the hotrails i've heard.. but that's all i got..

• Members

The sc that's in it is even failing at midgain stuff which is all I'm looking at. So really I just want to thicken that bridge position up.

gotcha-- you beat me to it.

i've definitely had hell time with getting gain tones out of SCs at times!

have you tried rolling your tone knob off? not being a dick... just asking-- i have to do that when i go to my tele from the LP...

• Members
how about the SSL 4.. quarter pounder-- supposed to be more like a p90.. snarly and high output, but still stratty.

SSL-4.jpg

I do like p-90 tone. Its on the list. Seymour Duncan SHR-1 Hot Rail Stacked Single Coil Pickup seems to be more for metal from the reviews I'm reading so it may be too hot for what I want.

Thanks alot guys. I really want to change out the bridge so your input is much appreciated. I'm making a list of what you put down.

• Members

gotcha-- you beat me to it.

i've definitely had hell time with getting gain tones out of SCs at times!

have you tried rolling your tone knob off? not being a dick... just asking-- i have to do that when i go to my tele from the LP...

Definitely helps but still missing the thickness I'm after. Don't worry bout being a dick. I've got thicker skin from being here and am used to the prick responses.:lol:

PS- I like the price on the Seymour Duncan SSL4 Quarter Pound Strat Single-Coil Pickup too.

• Members

Dimarzio Chopper T.

Archived