Albums you wished were rerecorded, remastered, etc.

Mike_F

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Off the top of my head...

Suffocation - Breeding the Spawn (sorry Eric...
:p
)

Morbid Angel - Blessed are the Sick

Akercocke - Antichrist

All the Defiled albums

Ulver - Vargnatt (I love Nattens Madrigal, but Vargnatt is practically unlistenable)

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side

Death - Individual Thought Patterns

Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Ohhh yeah, big yes on Breeding the Spawn. They should make an album with all the redos of tracks from that album, and then redo the rest of them with the self titled's drum production, and the tone from Despise the Sun. :rawk:

I wouldn't change Individual Thought Patterns though... I like the character of that recording, it's very evil sounding. Though the drums could use a little clarity.

• Members

I wouldn't change Individual Thought Patterns though... I like the character of that recording, it's very evil sounding. Though the drums could use a little clarity.

I agree on the drums, but I also prefer the more crunchy, ballsy guitar tone of other albums... and I think the bass is just a little too loud. Or maybe not too loud, but it adds mud to the overall mix, so it's probably a matter of EQ.

• Members
I'll also add early Gorgoroth and Immortal.

But they're black metal so they have an excuse as to why their tone sucks
:cop:

I thought Blizzard Beasts had terrible production but Battles in the North was killer
IMO thats still the heaviest album of all time
the sloppy drums and bad editing just add to the chaos
it sounds like a train going off the tracks
its beautiful :love:

• Members

no one here probably listens to this band.

but the album i've always wished was re-recorded was Mediocre generica by leftover crack. they're a skacore/crust band born of the band choking victim.

the quality on the second album was good. first album was terrible.

once again you probably have never listened to this band but i figure id throw it out there

• Members
no one here probably listens to this band.

but the album i've always wished was re-recorded was Mediocre generica by leftover crack. they're a skacore/crust band born of the band choking victim.

the quality on the second album was good. first album was terrible.

once again you probably have never listened to this band but i figure id throw it out there

Dude, that's the sound of LOC. {censored} World Trade was way over produced and did not portray how bad they are live, in my opinion. :cop:

• Members

Lots of thrash metal records from back in the 80's. Though they are nostalgic to me, and the outdated production brings back memories and is part of the deal I would still like to see more old thrash metal records remastered.

Records from Dark Angel, Kreator, Sodom, Overkill, Sacred Reich, Nuclear Assault and all those.

Archived