So... should I open it or not?

DeadNight Warrior

• Members

See, I have this here Traced in Air special box set thingo sitting here, still in its plastic. I'm debating whether I should open it, or whether or I should just keep it sealed so that later on when you can't find them anywhere, I can sell it on Ebay to some nutter for far more than it should be worth. :o

Contents apparently are:

- Album in acrylic pak (already have the digipack copy, and an acrylic case doesn't really excite me)

- Exclusive booklet (ok, this could be quite interesting for me)

- Magnifier (err... WTF? Does this mean the booklet is in a 4 point font?)

- T-shirt (ok, that could be nice)

- Guitar pick (don't really give a {censored})

- Stickers (what am I, 8 years old?)

- Memory Stick (not aroused by the thought of this)

- Poster (if it's the same as what came with the digipack, I've already got that framed up on my wall... if it's something different, sweet!)

- Postcards (err... no)

So, what we think?

• Members
how popular is cynic? will their popularity go up or down?

will opening it REALLY detract from its value?

I imagine a sealed one would fetch more than an opened one if I did decide to sell it. You know how cork-sniffin' types are... it could be just opened but nothing touched and it'd still have dropped in value I imagine. But more to the point, if I did open it, it'd be more than just to have a look... I'd be making use of whatever takes my fancy in there.

I would only hope personally their popularity will go up from here, and they they won't disappear again for 15 years before the next album comes out. From what I gather, Traced in Air has been pretty well received (IMO it's just plain brilliant), and given that there's supposedly only 1k of these around, I imagine after a while they might become somewhat sought after. :idk:

Archived