Marshall Jcm800 2203KK?

Stevenexp

• Members

How would you compare the 2203KK to the 2203x?

It has been so long since my 2203x has been stock, I don't know if I can remember everything. The 2203x is much louder than the 2203kk. I can get the kk to killer sounding distortion without it shaking the house unlike the x. That doesn't matter in a band situation though. That probably is due to the fact that the transformers on the kk are about half the size of the x's. Because of this, when volume isn't an issue, the x has more balls than the kk. The kk is tighter than the x which I like. I like both amps a lot. It's going to kill me when I get rid of one of them. Compound the fact that I'm in the process of buying a Fargen Olde 800 and I have too many choices to make. :facepalm:

• Members

I just started stocking the 2203KK about 6 months ago and I cant tell you enough how impressive this amp is. In the shop , we used to sell quite a few of the 2203 reissues and since I started stocking the 2203KK right next to it , nearly everyone who comes in looking for a JCM 800 goes with the KK. IMO , if you can get over the looks , there is no reason to buy a 2203x. You can get the same exact sound out of the KK , plus you get the added boost and noise gate. AND ITS WAY CHEAPER!!

• Members

Yeah,I put an MXR 10 band in the loop of my DSL and crank the GREEN channel and use the Gain slider on the EQ to add more gain and it sounds the same,actualy the DSL sounds bigger that way.

Doesn't the KK have a meaner overall voicing though?

• Members

If I dont use the mxr with the DSL I cant get the same but with it I can get identical,but standing side by side bone stock the KK is alot meaner.I was going to sell my KK and just keep the DSL but I have decided to just trade out the DSL,but I honestly like the DSL better.My wife bought me the KK so I am trying to keep her happy LOL!!

Archived