I traded it back, lol

guitarbilly74

• Members

So last Sat. I traded my 6505+ for a DSL100. Well I regretted it. I had practice last night and the DSL sounded good, however, on the previous practice the 6505+ owned it for everything except cleans.

So this morning I found a guy on CL who had a 6505+ for sale, with a few scratches and a non-original footswitch (it's a re-wired JSX footswitch) for $600. On the ad he also mentioned he was looking for a Marshall. I emailed him asking "how about your amp + $200 for my Marshall??" and he accepted it!! So now I have my 6505+ and $200 on my pocket LOL :D

I think this one sounds even better than my previous one. It has more gain. Could be the tubes though.

I am going to keep this one now until I am ready to buy my MarkIII or V. I've learned my lesson. :lol:

• Members
Huh...lately I've been seeing a fair amount of DSL100s go in the $600-700 range.

Maybe it's just my area, though.

My DSL was in mint condition though, not a single scratch on it and I just biased it on Sat :)

His amp didn't have the stock footswitch (it works fine but it's mislabeled) and it wasn't near mint condition, lot of scratches etc.

The 6505+ I traded straight for the DSL was also in MINT condition.

So I think it was fair... I got $200 and a more beat-up version of the same amp. Not that I care though, I play out a lot all the time so gear doesn't stay mint for too long.

• Members
Remember when Dimebag11 said he'd never sell his Cobra :poke:
:cop::lol:

See... but that's not what I'm saying. I WILL sell this amp as soon as I can buy my Mark back!! My problem is $ not indecision. If I didn't have to sell the Mark and get something cheaper, I would still have it. But I'm broke :cry:

• Members
Ahh...so young grasshopper, the grass isn't always greener on the other side of the fence :poke:

Happy newoldampdaythatisactuallysomeoneelse'soldampbutitwasthesameampthatyoutradedforbeforeyourealizedyoulikedtheoriginalbetter day
:thu:

:lol:

• Members

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But seriously. I have never been so desperate to get rid of a high quality tube amp in perfect working order. {censored} my area for having such a {censored}ty craigslist.

No really. I have my head advertised in 3 different craigslists for sale/trade $700 or modern high gainer. Altoona/Johnstown, State College, and Pittsburgh. It has been up there for almost a week, and I have not so much as received a lowball offer, or trade for a broken lawnmower, etc. I'm honestly shocked.

• Members
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

But seriously. I have never been so desperate to get rid of a high quality tube amp in perfect working order. {censored} my area for having such a {censored}ty craigslist.

No really. I have my head advertised in 3 different craigslists for sale/trade $700 or modern high gainer. Altoona/Johnstown, State College, and Pittsburgh. It has been up there for almost a week, and I have not so much as received a lowball offer, or trade for a broken lawnmower, etc. I'm honestly shocked.

I have a broken lawnmower I'd be willing to trade if that helps :lol:

yeah L.A. is a great area to buy and sell gear, tons of musicians here.

• Members
:love:
:love:

Central PA sucks for just about everyone aside from drug dealers, and overweight, unintelligent, ugly people looking for their soulmates.

start hitting other CLs, man... maybe somebody is willing to trade it with you without being local, if they need references you can direct them out to here or an eBay account (if you have one)

Archived