For The Record..... Scott Sapp.

Cliff Fiscal

• Members

I think 30 million+ album sales says you may be mistaken. You can hate Stapp as a man and hate his songs but what have you got against his voice? He's better than 90% of the rock singers out there today.

(BTW -not a fanboy but not a hater either)

Mylie Cyrus/Hannah Montana has sold millions of records too. Does that make her better than 90% of the female artists out there?

I don't know Scott, so I have nothing against the man. Most of the songs are ok, perhaps a few above average. But the voice? In my opinion...awful. Phony, souless, terrible phrasing, over dramatic, etc. I could go on but what I define as good is going to differ from yours. It's all subjective.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not gonna lie, I am a Mark Tremonti fanboy.

Tremonti is definitely a cool dude, can play like a monster, and has great tone. But I've never really been a big fan of his writing. It strikes me as rather "paint by numbers" music theory, which works, but doesn't particularly inspire me.

Also I'm not a fan of his pencil beard.

• Members

Tremonti is definitely a cool dude, can play like a monster, and has great tone. But I've never really been a big fan of his writing. It strikes me as rather "paint by numbers" music theory, which works, but doesn't particularly inspire me.

Also I'm not a fan of his pencil beard.

This is pretty much what I think. Although his live tone totally sucks! And he lives on the wah pedal just like Hamster.

• Members
+1 Yeah, his vocals must suck, Led Zeppelin asked him to go on tour with them.
:rolleyes:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00018920.html

And Tremonti's a better player than most if not all of you. :poke:

Exactly. Say what you want about the band, and their songs. I can definitely see someone NOT digging it. But talent wise, Alter Bridge is unmatched by any modern rock band. Period.

Not to mention, I've met the entire band, and they stood outside of the venue just chillin' and talking to fans for HOURS before AND after the show. Who does that anymore?

• Members

Exactly. Say what you want about the band, and their songs. I can definitely see someone NOT digging it. But talent wise, Alter Bridge is unmatched by any modern rock band. Period.

Not to mention, I've met the entire band, and they stood outside of the venue just chillin' and talking to fans for HOURS before AND after the show. Who does that anymore?

I've attempted to meet Tremonti multiple times. Everytime I've gone to one of their shows, they didn't do this :cry:.

I'm beginning to think he doesn't like me :idk:

Archived