1x12" stacks lounge

danut

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How do you like the cube cabinet? I've heard good things about them but I went for the "Shiva Size" to better match my head.

The cube 1X12 has low end like you never would belive, due i think to the closed back dual ported thing, and the V30 is the perfect driver for it. Bery direct tone, raw, but refined at the same time, a tamed beast.

If you dont have the money is no option way of getting a Mesa Theile 1X12, but want a great bang for the buck. I looked at arround 12 or more cabs and the Bogner was the one i kept coming back to, next to that was the Mesa Theile and the Mesa Open Back 1X12. But one other cab that id say i can mention in that company would be the Shur Badger 1x12, whitch has much the same charicteristics as the Bogner 1X12 CBDP cab.

Altho, there is a couple other heads i want to try with it, Krank Rev Jnr Pro, Blackstar HT-5, Engator Rebel 20 and a Mesa Mark IV/V. I even want to try a Mesa Express 5:25 with it, even tho that was my 1st choice of head till i tried it out and found it lacked teh gainz that the F30 had for me.

• Members

This is a mission amps 5E3 kit I built. I had my Father build the head cab for me (cherry), and that's a madsound detuned 1X12 (a 2X12 with 1 speaker).

Rig.jpg

Wow, man. Pretty stuff. Is that dovetail joints I see? Dayum!

• Members

Wow, man. Pretty stuff. Is that dovetail joints I see? Dayum!

Yeah that madsound cab is no joke! My pops does much much better woodworking than I do, but he's a retired math teacher, not a cabinet maker. I was worried that if we made a combo, it'd rattle itself apart. That's why I made the 5E3 as a head and had Sean at Madsound build me the speaker cab. I think I heard he went out of business. Too bad. He was spendy, but I've never heard a nicer 1x12.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived