My first original song

Axe_34

• Members

Hi everyone.

I was noodling around with a riff a couple of days ago and turned it into my first song.

I've recorded a ton of covers but this is my first go at something original (although you can probably hear a lot of Pearl Jam influence in it :D )

Rhythm on the left channel: '07 LP Standard > Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret > Hardwire Reverb > 18-watt clone

Rhythm on the right channel: '06 MIM Tele > Skreddy Screwdriver > Hardwire Reverb > Deluxe Reverb Re-issue

Solo (Double tracked): LP > Catalinbread Varioboost > Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret

Bass: '07 Squier Jazz/P-bass hybrid > Studio Devil bass amp simulator

Drums: Addictive Drums canned track

Recorded through an Emu0404 USB interface with Reaper

No title or lyrics yet.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7627587

Thanks for listening.

• Members

Good job on the writing so far! I like the way it sort of edges from the minor feel of the verse into a pretty sunny major feel at the height of the refrain and then sort of drops down and back into the verse.

Get some lryics onto that puppy, it's too good to waste.

;)

• Members

It's a good straightforward rock tune. The only thing that wore on me was the snare on the 2 all the time. It would have been alright if you used a different sample occasionally. It would have sounded a little more real to me. You could tell it was the same hit. Good job though.

• Members

I can definitely hear some Pearl Jam influence. I think this is a really good song you have here. Very impressive for your first original. Many singers would be very happy singing with this...I know I would be.

• Members

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. Well, almost everyone. :D

I'm working on the lyrics and think I have someone lined up to lay them down. I'll report back.

I've already started noodling around on my next song. This is getting addictive.

• Members

Haha, you're definitely right. I thought of Pearl Jam before I even read you mentioning you thought it sounded sort of like them.

On a side note though, the solo sort of left me wanting more for some reason. Maybe it's just because it was the only thing in the song right now that was like a melody line, but I just felt like it should go a bit longer/you should try to do something different with it. Not sure what exactly. Hopefully you understand what I mean.

Very nice start though, and we want updated the second you get singing thrown in here! I like the tune a lot. Great straight-forward rocker!

• Members

Ok, good start.

Of course, those that know me know I can't call this a song until you have a melody and lyrics! If you're having trouble coming up with something, holla back.

It's a good old fashioned rock song. Nothing earth shattering or new, but sounds good and I probably wouldn't change channels if I heard it on a radio.

The melody, by the way, would be coolest, I think, if it played AGAINST the metering of the music, rather than with it.

Archived