Rocktron Vendetta Series 100w problem

joseflovesyou

• Members

The first two channels are fine, but the 2 distortion channels have only about half volume and sound fuzzy.

The 4 tubes I can see are all lit up, so I'm guessing it's not any of them

Is this possibly preamp tubes that went out on me?

Is there anything else that could cause only half the channels to go out?

• Members

sounds like a preamp tube to me.....

I have a Vendetta combo.....minus the issues....how do you like it?

I absolutely love it, when it's working. I bought this back when they were impossible to find. From someone who used to and possibly still does post here.

I tried one back when they first came out around 2001, and fell in love with it, but didn't have money at the time.

Used Mesa, marshal, and peavy for a few years, never cared for any of it, and never forgot how much I loved this amp. It was exciting when I finally found one.

And running it threw a Genz Benz G-flex 412 is godly.

• Members

Have you tried getting a hold of Bruce from Egnater amps? I have been told that he is an upright guy and is willing to help a brother out.

Cole

I tried that before whe I was having a different issue... called rocktron actually, and I just got a big run around, because at the time they were not building this amp, and had nothing on file.

• Members

I tried that before whe I was having a different issue... called rocktron actually, and I just got a big run around, because at the time they were not building this amp, and had nothing on file.

Yeah I would definitely call Egnater and not Rocktron. Somebody there might actually know something about the amp, because when I had a Vendetta I found out that Rocktron didn't know anything about this amp with their name on it.

find egnater's website, and see if there is a number you can call. Good luck, that is a killer amp!

Cole

• Members

Yeah I would definitely call Egnater and not Rocktron. Somebody there might actually know something about the amp, because when I had a Vendetta I found out that Rocktron didn't know anything about this amp with their name on it.

find egnater's website, and see if there is a number you can call. Good luck, that is a killer amp!

Cole

Alright, I'll give that a shot, I have always heard good things about bruce, but just assumed that he wouldn't be the person to call, as this one is through rocktron, not him directly.

• Members

While moving my Vendetta from a gig back home.....someone (the singer:mad:) bumped my impedance switch.....it was lodged between 8 and 16. Poof...blew something up when I fired it up for practice. When I took it back to the shop I bought it from......they sent it to Bruce.....so Egnater is definitely the go to guy on these.

Archived