Two New Vids for you. 6505 and Krankenstein+ with teh Baritone.

Chrisjd

• Members

super brewtz.

I dug it. Can't decide which I like more. FWIW, neither is for me, I don't like super-aggressive even in my high high gains but I can appreciate it either way.

Understandable. Definitely not a tone for everyone. Thanks for listening.

• Members

very cool Chris, liked both of them! They both sound mean, I really like how that 6505 is growling. Stein is mean though, very tight and immediate. Cool riffing too. You need to do one with both amps together now, that is a killer combo. :love:

• Members

very cool Chris, liked both of them! They both sound mean, I really like how that 6505 is growling. Stein is mean though, very tight and immediate. Cool riffing too. You need to do one with both amps together now, that is a killer combo.
:love:

I can has Radial tonebone ab pedal?

Thanks bro:thu:

• Members

Didn't like the high end of the krank... the single notes sounded kinda thin and piercing. The 6505 saturated much better. Overall though it's really hard to say because different cabs, different mic positions, and it's only a camera mic anyway.

Good playing
:)

That's my biggest problem with Kranks.

Single notes, especially NOT on the low E (or whatever tuning) string sound pretty thin IMO...But chords and palm mutes kick you in the chest.

Not a bad thing I guess, but it makes it a little uneven.

• Members

Single notes, especially NOT on the low E (or whatever tuning) string sound pretty thin IMO...But chords and palm mutes kick you in the chest.

That is exactly how I feel also.The Krank Rev I had sounded good , but next to my FJA 5150 it sounded like a tin can.

• Members

6505 takes it for me. I'm sure the Krank sounds thicker in the room, but it's a lot more nasally in the video compared to the 6505. The 6505 just sounded like it has more punch, single notes pop out more, and overall a bigger/thicker tone.

And being that I have one of your old 5150s, my opinion may be a bit biased. :p

I liked the Krank though, until it got to the single notes. It sounded weak and thin during that section. I kind of like the twangy character to them though...:confused:

• Members

You summed it up very nicely.

• Members

6505 takes it for me. I'm sure the Krank sounds thicker in the room, but it's a lot more nasally in the video compared to the 6505. The 6505 just sounded like it has more punch, single notes pop out more, and overall a bigger/thicker tone.

And being that I have one of your old 5150s, my opinion may be a bit biased.
:p

I liked the Krank though, until it got to the single notes. It sounded weak and thin during that section. I kind of like the twangy character to them though...
:confused:

Thats right haha. that thing was in awesome condition iirc.

Archived