To Write Love On Her Arms (lol)

Meatbeard

• Members

Just like PETA, its all the rage to jump on the bandwagon of whatever organization is gigantic with the scenesters. I see those damn To Write Love On Her Arms shirts EVERYWHERE. I couldnt help but share this little gem with you all.

Now THIS is an organization that I stand behind 100 percent....

http://emptees.com/posts/5311-to-spray-love-on-her-face

• Members

I love the fact that a {censored}ing 'MUSIC SCENE' has caused a major problem in America's Youth, with the suicide and 'self-injury'. Even more than that, is they it got so prevalent (their own creation) and so {censored}ing chic that a self help group was needed to go on the Warped Tour to prevent such issues.

• Members

To Write Love on Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.

its such a serious subject matter... which makes the shirt that much worse , and hilarious ha ha im 12

• Members

TWLOH was started from a group of college friends who befriended a girl in their town who was really in a bad way. She was suicidal, cutting, addicted and with no hope or place to go. They helped her get accepted into a drug treatment facility but the facility wouldn't take her as long as she was suicidal and cutting. So the friends all agreed to do whatever it took to keep her safe and get her stable so she could enter rehab. They stayed up with her and watched over her 24/7 while slowly helping her break out of her pattern of self abuse.

You guys can laugh all you want about it but those friends saved this girls life and many more since then. Has it become a bit trendy? Maybe but it's because a lot of people can connect with either knowing somebody who hurting that bad or having been there themselves.

Archived