Show your home rig.

Crunchtime

• Members

hmmm :poke: I've had mine for ages, normally just used for practice and was gigged a few times.. So I dunno.. I mite try and break it in a bit; Anyone any good tips about what type of music to play through it?
:cop:
- My Orange 2x12 isn't fizzy at all.. But i did buy it second hand..
:love:

My Home Rig:

4gsd5.jpg

My middle name's overkill..
:love:

I know exactly what your talking about with unbroken in V30's(used to have a brand new Avatar 2x12 with v30's that I hated), and sounds like with your orange cab you know what I'm talking about broken in V30's.

V30's are great speakers, the draw back is they take fuck all to break in.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

V30's are great speakers, the draw back is they take fuck all to break in.

Isnt short break in time a good thing? :confused:

This is my home rig :o

CIMG9773.jpg

I will be getting a 1x12 to use with the blackstar sometime though, maybe an Orange but more likely a 1912 or something.

• Members

lol it is funny looking

Yes I know... ;)

I take it with me from home to band practice to shows. It'll get banged up real quick...it's already tumbled around a few times in my car just going to band practice.

• Members

:lol:
I presume he meant the opposite..
:thu:

I know what'll make that Blackstar sound great... Selling it to me..
:love::cop:

pff

The novelty is wearing off though, I'm starting to prefer my Laney again. The problem is that it doesnt clean up very well at all when you roll down the volume, not very responsive to that sort of thing :( And it doesnt sound as full or complex :idk:

It will be good to use at uni though, I just want a greenback (or other low sensitivity speaker)'d cab to use it with. Better than amplitube 2 :idea:

• Members

It will be good to use at uni though, I just want a greenback (or other low sensitivity speaker)'d cab to use it with. Better than amplitube 2
:idea:

Thats kinda why i'm lookin one too.. :thu: I'd be inclined to go for a combo, but I kinda wanna rackmount it. :idk:

Do you have a measuring tape handy? :cop:

• Members

5153cab.jpg

This is our jam room at the same time and god damn does it ever sound good in there. My mian amp is the 5153 wit the lower VHT cab and the Splawn and ISP sub. The sound is so powerfull and big while being tight and crunchy. Best tone i`ve heard.

My rythm guitarist has Metal Head:facepalm: I cannot stand that amp, ice picky and shrill. Nice low end though. Doesn`t cut too well either, mids are crap on it.

Chris

• Members

5153cab.jpg

This is our jam room at the same time and god damn does it ever sound good in there. My mian amp is the 5153 wit the lower VHT cab and the Splawn and ISP sub. The sound is so powerfull and big while being tight and crunchy. Best tone i`ve heard.

My rythm guitarist has Metal Head:facepalm: I cannot stand that amp, ice picky and shrill. Nice low end though. Doesn`t cut too well either, mids are crap on it.

Chris

i love that :thu:

• Members

img1414.jpg

I know......I know.....but I'm just learning.

and I like it

and I'm not compensating
:cop:

Nothing wrong with your rig man. I just have to gig weekly so I have a bunch of junk I typically carry around.

I wish I could get away with a little tiny amp but alas, I love pushing big bottles and big iron.

Archived