Best Pantera album?

mike moriarty

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

the thing is - phil anselmo was straight up and there wasnt any posturing. everyone since has been obviously a poseur. Every metal band since has had a shaved head front man, angry vox, screaming about stupid things. His lyrics had substance and he simply invented the entire vocal style of today's metal. That album is just straight up brutal- innovative, honest, and original. I truly think it is one of the ONLY metal albums, from one of the ONLY metal bands to ever be. {censored} 99% of everything else. Lamb of God are the best that we can come up with?? I mean they're good but... kids don't know what's REALLY good any more. Strength Beyond Strength is one of the best metal songs ever written. The album is THAT aggressive because he was 25 years old, {censored}ing angry at seemingly important things, and invented a style of vocals that everyone since has simply imitated. It's like the Stevie Ray Vaughan guitar tone - you can't get away with using it and sound the least bit original...

i wouldn;t say phil's lyrics ever had substance, i was 14 when this album came out and have been listening to it ever since but it still just doesn't hold me all the way through even likr the rest do. and i can't get into lamb of god or most of the new stuff people compare to this. the good songs on that album are great 5 minutes alone, becoming and throes of rejection are beyond awesome just think the weak songs ruin it for me.

• Members

Cannibal Corpse

Daylight Dies

Suffocation

Soilent Green

Soilent Green! :thu: GREAT band! Personaly I love their tone, & I know they DID use VH140C for some stuff, but I dont know what all.

FUZZ, check out their Sewn Mouth Secrets & Deleted Symphony albums. Great stuff.

Archived