Oct 2009 SHOWCASE Thread :: Finished work, videos, career news, gossip...

blue2blue

• Members

just booked our first gig! will be the first time i've played out in 5 years, and that was a one-off, no shows for probably 4 years before that.

very excited! also just re-recorded all the vocals and much of the guitar for our demo, 6 songs are being delivered to my place tonight, i'm anxious to hear what they sound like!

aaaand bought myself a pedal tuner because i'm nervous as hell of going out-of-tune on stage. used to be a bass player. no fear there.

any advice? never fronted a band before...

• Members

just booked our first gig! will be the first time i've played out in 5 years, and that was a one-off, no shows for probably 4 years before that.

very excited! also just re-recorded all the vocals and much of the guitar for our demo, 6 songs are being delivered to my place tonight, i'm anxious to hear what they sound like!

aaaand bought myself a pedal tuner because i'm nervous as hell of going out-of-tune on stage. used to be a bass player. no fear there.

any advice? never fronted a band before...

I never fronted anything but my advice is to practice like hell so your comfortable!!Good luck...have fun!!

• Members

Hey.
:)
back after a bit of a lapse. what's up, old friends?

i just finished producing a disk for an artist and i got the website flowin' at this point. check it all out, if you get a chance.

Hey G - long time. How have you been? Checked out the videos, but they seem pretty old - each one contains some variation on "I'm going to be putting these out pretty regularly" but for each one you seem to have a radically different hairstyle, and when I check the dates some of them are back in 2008 :lol:.

Anyway, how was the producer gig?

• Members

A Halloween song, 'the payment'- something for you to sharpen your claws to...

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2302&alid=-1

or

http://tinyurl.com/yx5kqx

(download 320kbps mp3, or stream)

a new mix of this song-recorded a few years back.

with a new DAW is in the house, i thought i'd revisit this one.

i did some cool experimenting with the mix on this one, and i wanted to share it.

story:

it's a little ditty about 2 brothers and a lycanthrope.......

it's loosely based on the original wolfman movie, the one where larry talbot gets bitten by the werewolf, and he see's the pentagram in his hand, and he knows he's {censored}ed, so he goes to the old gypsy woman to try to be cured, and she basically tells him the only thing for him to do, is to kill himself...... what a bum deal...

anyway, these 2 brothers have been partying all night, drunk as skunks, and one of them staggers out into the moor, and meets his maker.

the remaining brother wants revenge, but is sober enough to figure out that he'd better get some ammunition first...

so he goes to see the gypsy-witch, to get some aconite (wolfsbane) and a spell here, and a prayer there, and thinks that he's well prepared, and so he goes out to the moor to get his revenge.

but that's not what he gets......

• Members

Hey.
back after a bit of a lapse. what's up, old friends?

i just finished producing a disk for an artist and i got the website flowin' at this point. check it all out, if you get a chance.

Hey, g! Great to hear from you. Site looks sharp. Listening to your acoustic version of "Reconciliation."

PS... Are you Century Music Group or is that the label you're on? Or, you know, both?

• Members

Hey, g
!
Great to hear from you. Site looks sharp. Listening to your acoustic version of "Reconciliation."

PS... Are
you
Century Music Group or is that the label you're on? Or, you know, both?

hey man! no..i am just signed by them. i took a hiatus from my writing to produce a record for another artist, so we haven't updated too much on the songwriting end of things (that's more to rsadasiv's comment :) )

I signed on with them as an 'artist development' contract and it's been a steady increase in sales since. (though nothing signficant)

right now, i'm balancing a couple steady gigs and trying to get back into the studio for My album....i have everything done except for the 'pre-record prep' (charts and band rehearsals...going in live this time)

Archived