Mr.Krinkle

• Members

Sounds really good to me. I liked it when you palm muted, you hear that sound that I love about the cab. It gives a nice oomph without being too flubby. I believe the Vintage 30s are one of the best speakers for and oversized cab.

I will get a clip up of my 2x12 Contemporary and my DSL100 sometime. More than likely it will be tomorrow.

Cole

• Members

I recorded something little to show off my Contemporary 2x12 too, sorry to hijack your thread. It is a Marshall DSL100 into the Avatar with Hellatone 60 speakers. My Marshall also has a Mercury Magnetics power choke that I installed. I also have modded the red channel to have the oomph that the green channel has. So in other words the amp isn't stock.

Also, I have not done any post eq's yet. This is the raw version so far, it is yet to be refined :D

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/36-Do%20You%20Call%20My%20Name.mp3

Cole

• Members

So chuck a little info in besides "Avatar cab"

What guitar, amp, mic? any boosts etc?

Amp: Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier (3 Channels)

Cab: Avatar Contemporary 2x12

Speaker: Hellatone 60

Mic: Shure SM57

Boost: Fulltone OCD

Guitar: Gibson Lespaul Vintage Mahogany

Pickup: Alnico V BurstBucker Pro

:thu:

• Members

I recorded something little to show off my Contemporary 2x12 too, sorry to hijack your thread. It is a Marshall DSL100 into the Avatar with Hellatone 60 speakers. My Marshall also has a Mercury Magnetics power choke that I installed. I also have modded the red channel to have the oomph that the green channel has. So in other words the amp isn't stock.

Also, I have not done any post eq's yet. This is the raw version so far, it is yet to be refined
:D

http://www.netmusicians.org/files/36-Do%20You%20Call%20My%20Name.mp3

Cole

Pretty cool Cole.:thu:

• Members

Pretty cool Cole.
:thu:

Thanks, I was trying to show how similar the cabs sound with the two different heads. I really like how his Mesa sounds through it it has a oomph which you can really hear when he palm mutes.

I think I might have a tad too much gain on mine or possibly too many mids. I didn't do much playing around with the mic. It is dead center on the cone, which I might back it up some to get a more full spectrum of sound. Or possibly move it towards the outer edges of the speaker.

I liked the clip at first, but after listening to a few more times, there is something I don't like about it.

Cole

Archived