Price check on Marshall Jubilee/Slash Amp

JMPMAN

• Members

Curious as to what to expect to pay for either a used 100 or 50 watt Marshall Jubilee or Slash head? I inquired in an ad for a Slash model 100 watt head and their response was 2000.00 US dollars . I can't believe these go for that much. Please tell me otherwise.

• Members

Production or Non production, I just can't see paying that. Oh well, it's not like I don't have enough as it is. Just curious, as I remember playing them in a store when they were new and thought they sounded good, of course I think at the time they were a $100 or 2 more than the JCM900 4100.

• Members

i owned a slash 2555sl and it looked mint when i sold it and i got 1850 for it, and it sold in 1 day on ebay. last year i seen them selling for around 2200 but this year i seen a few sell for 1600 to 2k depending on the condition. marshall did a run of 3000 of them.

• Members

They're as overpriced as a beat up, old, used Honda Accord. Ain't worth it.
:cop:

I have one of The "Limited Edition Marshall JCM Slash 2555 Jubilee Signature Amplifiers".

They are great amps. Are they over priced? I don't know, but I wouldn't sell mine for under $2000.!

IM000447.jpg

• Members

Try picking up a Marshall silver jubilee in back tolex, ( I know not really a silver jubilee anymore in looks) but those should be less than the slash or Silver tolexed silver jubilees.

I love my 2553, great amp. I wouldn't buy one today at what they are going for, but for what I got it for it is a great amp for the money.

• Members

I have one of The "Limited Edition Marshall JCM Slash 2555 Jubilee Signature Amplifiers".

They are great amps. Are they over priced? I don't know, but I wouldn't sell mine for under $2000.!

IM000447.jpg

I just jizzed in my pants. :love:

• Members

Accords have pretty good resale values, there's a very good chance they depreciate less than your Chevy Suburban, lol.
:lol:

Any Accord I've been in around here is a piece of junk. The Arizona summers are not kind to them. The AC is also junk.

They don't compare to my wife's Tahoe. Not even close.

I would never buy a Honda. I've known too many people that have had problems with them around here. Tranny's going out at 36K miles on Civic's. Radiators on Toyota Camry's going out at 50K miles. Terrible in the heat.:cool:

• Members

I had a jcm 2553 and the 2 matching 2x12 cabs a few years ago. I honestly got it all for like $500. All were in the silver tolex.

The head started having problems at shows and it led to me kicking it over at shows. The cabs and heads wound up being really rugged looking due to so much abuse.

Finally a guy gave me $500 and a Jcm900 head and matching 4x12 cab for it.

• Members

Any Accord I've been in around here is a piece of junk. The Arizona summers are not kind to them. The AC is also junk.

I would never buy a Honda. I've known too many people that have had problems with them around here. Tranny's going out at 36K miles on Civic's. Radiators on Toyota Camry's going out at 50K miles. Terrible in the heat.
:cool:

Fuck the Tahoe, you're right it doesn't compare.

A few personal antedotes doesn't override overall reliability/resale stats imo. And in that regard Honda wins. :lol:

• Members

I would never buy a Honda. I've known too many people that have had problems with them around here. Tranny's going out at 36K miles on Civic's. Radiators on Toyota Camry's going out at 50K miles. Terrible in the heat.
:cool:

Totally agree. Finally, people are starting to figure this out too. There is ZERO advantage to buying an Accord or Camry over a new Ford Fusion or Chevy Malibu. BOTH of which look/perform better inside and out.

• Members

What? They've been the core of his rig since they came out!

They didn't make 3000 either, production was closer to 2200.

yeah thats definately what he uses. well now he might use vintage moderns cause he did the ads for them but yeah thats what he used...at least live...

and they are sweet amps. ive always wanted one...never had the money

• Members

Ceriatone is doing some silver jubilee clones these days, so definitely check that out to save some serious cash and get a very well made amp that sounds great.

dammit. i had been waiting for awhile to see if these would come out and i heard rumors like a year ago...now when i finally thought i knew what i was going to buy...

Archived