So Who here owns a Metal Zone ATM

peehoo

• Members

I have one from the early 90's. I just started using it again. I forgot how much it rocked.

For anyone interested there is a guy who mods them

http://www.robertkeeley.com/product.php?id=16

Yeah I've got one of his. I just broke mine out a while back and for {censored}s & giggles put it in front of my DSL's crunch channel. {censored}ing killer!

I had to change my undies I wasn't ready for that. More for the reason it actually sounded good. Believe me. I've had it not sound good for sure but mostly for soloing is where it was a let down. Not with the DSL's crunch. Soloing even had tone. That thin ass half cocked wah sound was gone.:thu:

• Members

Yeah I've got one of his. I just broke mine out a while back and for {censored}s & giggles put it in front of my DSL's crunch channel. {censored}ing killer!

I had to change my undies I wasn't ready for that. More for the reason it actually sounded good. Believe me. I've had it not sound good for sure but mostly for soloing is where it was a let down. Not with the DSL's crunch. Soloing even had tone. That thin ass half cocked wah sound was gone.
:thu:

Ive been meaning to pick one up, havent gotten around to it. I think the one I have now is about to {censored} the bed anyway.

• Members

Another pedal I had shelved is the Zoom Hyper Lead. I put that in front of the DSL's crunch channel too. It turned that voicing into a pissed off JCM 800. Really ripped Marshall tone.

With my SS amps/poweramps the Hyper Lead was boxy sounding and a bit too hairy, stiff and noisy. Didn't work out and I had heard great things about it. For whatever reason it and the MT2 on the DSL's crunch voicing became a whole new hot gain channel. A very aggressive Marshally gain.

I didn't expect these over the top gain monsters to sound good at all with the Marshall. I thought they'd be a mess. I laughed at the idea of even doing it. Usually I just boost for midgain to old school metal tones anyways. Boy was I wrong about the outcomes.

• Members

When I first started playing guitar, I lusted after the MT-2. I was a poor kid and had to buy all my own gear so it was expensive to me. I really thought that it held the key to that Metallica tone I craved. Haha...I was such a n00bile.

Archived