Le Monde (instrumental orchestral song)

Metamensch

• Members

I could listen today. Don't know what the problem was yesterday.

I hear a lot of nice things going on in this. The simplicity works in its favor. Probably will sit well in film.

I like the sections with mostly strings the best (and intro). Not sure how long it is, but keeping it between 2-3 minutes is a good idea. Most A&R personnel have short attention spans. That's if you're thinking in terms of placements in film or TV. If not, keep it longer.

The intro brings the track in well. I like a lot of your choices in samples. What samples are you using?

Good luck with it.

Best, John :)

• Members

Yeah, I was thinking that I recognized it as the EW library, too. I just DL'd the free version a couple weeks ago.

There's actually a friendly, informal competition over at GearSlutz to see who can do the most with the free package: http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/455309-free-ewql-orchestra-challenge.html

• Members

Yeah, I was thinking that I recognized it as the EW library, too. I just DL'd the free version a couple weeks ago.

There's actually a friendly, informal competition over at GearSlutz to see who can do the most with the free package:
http://www.gearslutz.com/board/so-much-gear-so-little-time/455309-free-ewql-orchestra-challenge.html

Yeah I heard about the free version Blue. How's it working for you.

Oops, I guess I'm hijacking this thread. Sorry. Better to start a new thread for the EWQL samples.

John :)

• Members

The transition from chromatic percussion to pure strings didn't work for me.

In fact, the string passage in its entirety did not work for me. But I thought

the introduction was excellent. And once the strings were accompaniment

again, it worked better.

My opinion:

Introduction - excellent

Middle - didn't work

Finale - was ok but too long for my tastes.

Archived