What string gauge for tuning to D standard on a 24.75" scale?

kyrreca

• Members
i dont give a shit what anyone else is using. i use what i want. people who relate string guage to wether or not someone is pussy handed to me just seems fucking stupid.... i guess you're like 13 years old or something?

im wasting my time
:lol:

The right gauge is whataver works best for the individual.:thu:

• Members

:lol:Just for confirmation... you being a pussy means I must be 13 years old?

:o

no i dont know. just seems like talking tough because you use thicker strings is pretty -- well its jsut kind of dumb. :lol:

• Members

no i dont know. just seems like talking tough because you use thicker strings is pretty -- well its jsut kind of dumb.
:lol:

Who is talking tough? I told the guy in my first post to use what's comfortable but to watch out since people are going to suggest super light strings.

If the pussy-handed comment hurted your butt I apologize. Using light strings does not mean you're a pussy. My comment was a joke. However, I will say that since it is getting you all riled up I have no choice but to believe you are a unicorn loving pussy, ya fucking pussy. :cop:

• Members

Who is talking tough? I told the guy in my first post to use what's comfortable but to watch out since people are going to suggest super light strings.

If the pussy-handed comment hurted your butt I apologize. Using light strings does not mean you're a pussy. My comment was a joke. However, I will say that since it is getting you all riled up I have no choice but to believe you are a unicorn loving pussy, ya fucking pussy.
:cop:

yes you're right im riled.

im so riled i reached up and picked up my keyboard to type this.

better watch out now :lol:

• Members

I'm using D'addario (i've been a long time d'addario hater....i was a DR fan boy) 12-52 in my soltero (24.75'').....best thing i've ever done string-wise...they are not bright at all...very full sounding....and not that hard to play...it takes a while to get used to the wounded G

edit:

I'm in Eb all the time....sometimes i drop the low E....but it's just for fun, my band doesn't play in drop Db

• Members

I'd say about 11-50 in that case.

i concure!

may have compromise somewhere in that deferent brands jump up more than others, on either the wound or unwound.

i've got 52's on my D guitar, and think a 50 would feel closer to a 46 in E.

Archived