"Violence" -- new song, first track of my RPM challenge

grantsabbath

• Members

Hey guys.

I'm doing the RPM challenge again (Read more here). I'm wondering if you guys have ever taken part? Basically, you write and record a ten song album in the month of February. Its not a competition, just a personal songwriting challenge.

This year, I decided to try to avoid traditional song structure and the alt-country style that I've been using a lot.

Anyway, this is the first track. Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think. I'll be updating all month with tracks. I really hope some of you take part.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=8712282

Violence

The weather is changing me

My bones are creaking

We're speaking so violently

What the hell are we afraid of

The demons are catching up

Chemical blankets

Cover me with Europe

And the places i've never been

The violence is so subtle

• Moderators

Not what I expected at all. I pictured Marilyn Manson I think... this is more... Floyd? I read the lyrics and liked it but wondered how it would work.

It certainly does. I really like the way the repeated refrain just washes over and over you. Very cool.

• Members

Hey!

It's the top of my banjo. hahaha Hilarious right? Use what I can I guess.

"The violence is so subtle" -- it's about the way people say and do things in relationships. The way you'd hurt someone you love so quick but put on a smiling face for an acquaintance. I guess it's just me questioning that and not getting an answer.

Thanks for the interest.

Archived