This is HCAF, ask me ANYTHING.....

Chrisjd

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Well you are correct to not own it. I hate Reroute just as much.
:o

Clayman rocks your ballz off though.

See, i know they are different a bit, but I don't see how one could love clayman and hate reroute.....

• Members

See, i know they are different a bit, but I don't see how one could love clayman and hate reroute.....

Some fountain of knowledge you are:p

It is hard to explain, but to me everything after Clayman just sounds like watered down, {censored}ty, half assed Clayman.

• Members

I've heard great things about DSLs for metal. Figured it was a decent deal. :idk:
Okay, how about this:
Peavey Ultra+ and a Crate 4x12 with a quad of Celestion V30s.. $750. Would you?
I'm heavily thinking about that one.
I have $300 to my name, so, I could either order myself a custom cab for under $200 shipped and then buy some Eminence speakers from a forumite, then end up with $15 to spare.. or save up for that stack, if it's worth it. I may just ask him if he'll sell the head. :o
I need an amp, since I sold my Vox. I only have a 5W Ibanez practice amp now. :(

post full of banter is bantersome.

• Members
Okay, how about this:

Peavey Ultra+ and a Crate 4x12 with a quad of Celestion V30s.. $750. Would you?

I'm heavily thinking about that one.

I have $300 to my name, so, I could either order myself a custom cab for under $200 shipped and then buy some Eminence speakers from a forumite, then end up with $15 to spare.. or save up for that stack, if it's worth it. I may just ask him if he'll sell the head.

post full of banter is bantersome.

I wouldn't. Spend $600 on a 5150, then save another $200 and add that to your remaining $250, buy a marshall or mesa cab and have incredible tone.

• Members

Well, one of the reasons I've been looking so much into the Ultra+ is because I really like three-channel heads, and I've heard both its distortion (un-boosted) AND cleans sound good. That's what appeals to me.
I've heard 6505/5150 cleans are hardly passable..
And the guy I'm ordering a custom cab from is at AB Custom Audio, a forumite around here vouched for 'em and said it sounds quite great. I can get an empty PPC212 clone for ~$170 shipped. :thu: I thought that was cool.
Any opinions on any of that?

• Members
Well, one of the reasons I've been looking so much into the Ultra+ is because I really like three-channel heads, and I've heard both its distortion (un-boosted) AND cleans sound good. That's what appeals to me.

I've heard 6505/5150 cleans are hardly passable..

And the guy I'm ordering a custom cab from is at AB Custom Audio, a forumite around here vouched for 'em and said it sounds quite great. I can get an empty PPC212 clone for ~$170 shipped.
:thu:
I thought that was cool.

Any opinions on any of that?

I'll be honest, I am not familiar with the ultra plus. I CAN tell you, I can get decent cleans out of my 5150, i really don't know why some people struggle so much.

It's not going to be an incredible clean tone, but it WILL be clean, and if you run some delay or chorus over it it will sound real nice.

I would rather just get a nice loaded 2x12 cab for $300 personally man.

• Members

Well, a forumite around here's willing to sell me two Eminence Wizards for $120 shipped. I've listened to some clips of the Wizards, I like them, they sound like they'd be tight and clear. He's also willing to sell me two Governors for the same price. I don't think that's bad at all. I think the Govs are V30 clones, right?
I've been trying to find a loaded 2x12 for around that price, but, nobody near my area has one. I live in southern New Mexico. There aren't too many gear-heads in the big cities. I don't wanna end up paying almost $100 extra to have a used one shipped to me. :(
There is, however, a deal nearby on CL that has a Fender 412 and a Peavey Supreme for $250.
I think that's pretty spiffy. Figured I could sell the Supreme and the Fender's speakers, buy the Wizards and Govs, and have a nice 4x12. :D The reviews on HC seem to somewhat favor that cab, and for $250 with a head I could probably sell.. I think that'd be great.
Then maybe I could buy that Ultra+ for $300 or something. :idea:
So, I'd end up spending.. $240 (shipped) for the quad of Eminences, ($250) pickup for the Supreme and Fender 412, possibly sell the Supreme for $150 (if it's worth that? Haven't looked into it yet) and the Fender's speakers (assuming they don't sound amazing) for ~$100, maybe get that guy to sell me the Ultra+ for $300.

I'd end up losing $540 in the end.
That sounds good to me.
Speak to me, fountain of knowledge! :p

I think I tend to :blah: too much sometimes.

• Members

the inverse of the smallest number

if by smallest, you mean lowest...that would then be the closest number to zero on the negative side.

1/neg infinity approaches 0...or is zero...but it's not the largest.

:bor::blah::bor:

Unless you mean lowest positive number. Then absolutely.

/nerdfest

• Members

What was the answer to that question a couple of years ago where a jet airplane was on a giant treadmill. The jet airplane needed to go a certain MPH to take off and the belt on the treadmill was moving at that appropriate speed. Was the jet plane able to take off???:confused::confused:

• Members

Do you like it in the Pooper? OK! Second Question....Can you find me a Female Midget dressed like a Clown that likes Anal and allows Facials? or perhaps on that likes Vaginal Fisting so i can pick her up like a Trophy.

• Members
I am a fountain of knowledge and logic, you only wish you could live in my mind for a day.

Well, what do you want to know????

which countries in the caribbean were forced to sell their OCEANIC RESEARCH INSTITUTES for a couple of dollars so the USA could build naval "facilities"?

Ah, my North American brothers don't know this one....

Archived