Give me song ideas

paulodumb

• Members

Hello, everybody,

I like to write a lot of songs. One song a day is a nice stride I reach sometimes. (It may apocryphal, but I heard Brian Wilson, one of my personal heroes, also liked to write one song a day). I approach it like every song is just practice for the next. This takes pretty much all of the pressure off. And it really is good practice, for everything: songwriting, recording, playing the various instruments, singing, etc. If I do anything I find particularly awesome, I can always come back to it.

So, how about some song ideas? Anything you've got. Song titles, lyric fragments, perhaps an odd musical instrument I can work in or a sample you've made, particular chords or progressions, song/sound ideas. Really, almost anything you might contribute to a song. A song can be built around all kinds of tiny little things, and all kinds of little things can contribute to a song.

Thanks,

Paulo

• Members

Hello, everybody,

I like to write a lot of songs. One song a day is a nice stride I reach sometimes. (It may apocryphal, but I heard Brian Wilson, one of my personal heroes, also liked to write one song a day). I approach it like every song is just practice for the next. This takes pretty much all of the pressure off. And it really is good practice, for everything: songwriting, recording, playing the various instruments, singing, etc. If I do anything I find particularly awesome, I can always come back to it.

So, how about some song ideas? Anything you've got. Song titles, lyric fragments, perhaps an odd musical instrument I can work in or a sample you've made, particular chords or progressions, song/sound ideas. Really, almost anything you might contribute to a song. A song can be built around all kinds of tiny little things, and all kinds of little things can contribute to a song.

Thanks,

Paulo

I love being her guitar

My sides started to split and splinter

My bridge pins flying in the air

She lifts me again and swings

Whats left of me to the ground

What could I say when she said goodbye

I don't even know why

I love being her guitar

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Iris is waiting

He sees fine when he is alone

His eyes dilate on their own

He is not even a little shy

With Iris he is blind in one eye

Can

• Members

Here's an idea for you, "I can't get over you till you get out from under him" Probably a country hit...

Thanks! I'll have it up on my site tomorrow, hopefully. Never tried a country tune before. I've got a slide, though! I'm totally using that.

• Members

I was like, cool, a full set of lyrics to work with, but then I was like, Copyright? What do you want me to do with that?

Perhaps I might add that I'm a firm believer of
and I can't work with anything you're not willing to put into something that I will put on my website, free for everyone to download, with a
Got anything I'm allowed to work with?

Sorry, it was old and in my file...just take it off...makes no matter to me...I'll go to the first post and delete that...cool?

• Members

cool?

Yes.

This is awesome. So many good ideas here. I posted elsewhere and could only get one person to post a song title.

So here's the country hit, I Can't Get Over You (Until You Get Out From Under Him)(direct link). My first attempt at any sort of country song. It kinda segues into some dub reggae stuff in the middle, 'cause I thought, hey, how about some dub reggae? What do you think?

• Members
Hello, everybody,

Thanks,

Paulo

Back in the 60s I read that Dylan liked to write a song a day, too, and, when inspiration failed, he'd open the paper and flip around until he saw something he thought he could make a song out of...

Archived