Who uses the Vox AC100CPH or AC50CPH amp?

Shenaniganizer

• Members

Anyone who says this amp sucks has never really tried it.  I have a AC100CPH head and it is my go to amp i always use for old school rock sounds up to JCM800 territory . No {censored} there is a trick. Have to have the footswitch for these amps to work right . When the footswitch is plugged in you have to have the reverb off . This is the high gain channel im taking about . Then you use the reverb kinda like a second presence and it sings. . I use a Fulltone OCD in front for that one extra gain stage that takes it into Marshall JCM800 sounds . Then i use a Boss GE7 equalizer in the effects loop for lead boost , but this trick will make any amp work good because in the loop you can boost or cut certain frequencies . This amp is it for me for reals . The clean is decent but if you want old school barely broken up tones this amp is it . Then push it in the front with a tube screamer , a Boss Blues Driver , or a OCD for 80's metal tone . Also i must say i run it through a Marshall cab with vintage 30's at 8ohmns . Just so you all know , I've been through a Fender Supersonic 60 head , a Orange Rockerverb 50 MK2 and a Marshall JCM900SLX and have sold them all , and am in love with this head . Don't believe anyone on here that hasn't owned one . It's like a top secret amp that i can pick up for under 500 any day of the week. I've had it for 6 years now and no tubes have failed , and have done zero maintenance except 5 years ago me and a buddy deoxited the pots but since then , it's my go to . To top it off alot of guitar players will come up to me and ask me what im playing . Dont believe the hate 🙏

Archived