Friday Influences Thread 06.11.10

Stackabones

• Members
Is there a missing
:)
or are you genuinely offended? I certainly didn't mean any offense.

Such is life in typed only communication....

I guess I could say yes I was offended but I'm getting old and thinned skin.;)
Maybe some how I totally missed the subject of this thread.
Next time I'll study it for a couple of days and have you test me on it before I post.:lol:

• Members

I guess I could say yes I was offended but I'm getting old and thinned skin.
;)
Maybe some how I totally missed the subject of this thread.

Next time I'll study it for a couple of days and have you test me on it before I post.
:lol:

Hi, Bob :)

We're a pretty friendly bunch here in the Songwriting Forum, for the most part. If you're trying to decide if someone meant to offend with a perhaps unfortunate comment, the most likely interpretation is no. (That said, people are people. ;) )

I think these F.I.T. threads are pretty open for free-wheeling discussion, for the most part. (At least I've always sort of approached it that way.)

At any rate, going back to your initial comment, how about sharing a few songs that have been an influence on you, doesn't really have to be in the last week, I don't think. Obviously, I haven't heard any new PP&M or S&G in the last week. ;) But I had been listening to them more in the previous few days and they were on my mind.

You don't need to link to the song or anything, although folks have taken to finding a given song or performance on YouTube, because it embeds in the web pages here. (Although you have to know the 'secret' trick of using only the video's ID code --not the whole URL -- as I wrote above.)

BTW, did you get a chance to check out the browser text resizing I mentioned the other day? I'd love to think the suggestion could make your web browsing a little more comfortable.

:)

• Members

Blue closed the other thread so I'll do it here. I think he is a moderator ninja. Carry on

I dunno... the spammers are always, like, one step ahead of me.

First thing I usually do in the morning is come in and look for spam and about half the time there's a little missive on how to convert something or other to something else and watch it on something.

I was amused by the plagiarized post on plagiarizing, though.

I assume that the OP, who probably speaks little or no English, just stumbled on that out of the blue and probably didn't even get the less-than-divine irony implicit -- but I was simulataneously cracking up and ticked off, since I'd been treating him as someone who might be real until I did that Google site search on "plagiarizing"...

• Members

No need to study up, though you may be tested.
;)

FITs are
almost
every week.

And on those exceedingly rare occasions when their creator, the redoubtable Stackabones, doesn't post one, we all look at each other, wonder who to call to get a life-check on him, and then, sometime late in the day, someone sheepishly posts one, saying something like, Stack, if you're out there, come back, man, whatever we did, we didn't mean it. We swear we won't change the BB again...

• Members
The purpose of this thread isn't to list a single primary influence of all your songwriting, just someone who has made a powerful or recent impact on it. No matter what your process is, both of these have, are and will continue to happen.

Hey Oswlek
just want to apologize for being so snippy this morning,
I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.:lol:
For some reason I just got all jacked up over nothing.
Any sorry once again.;)

• Members
Hey Oswlek

just want to apologize for being so snippy this morning,

I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yet.
:lol:
For some reason I just got all jacked up over nothing.

Any sorry once again.
;)

No worries, rereading it does come across a tad arrogant.

I accept your Mea Culpa and offer one of my own. :wave:

Archived