Axe FX Ultra, Hey Zentman did you see this ?

EdgeOfDarkness

• Members

There is ZERO tone/sound difference between the Standard and Ultra. Cliff will fly in here in a second to set this bs straight. The Ultra has more processing power and added effects and assorted nick-nacks. That's IT.

• Members

There is ZERO tone/sound difference between the Standard and Ultra. Cliff will fly in here in a second to set this bs straight. The Ultra has more processing power and added effects and assorted nick-nacks. That's IT.

Wrong, it has better detection and better verb for sure.

• Members

"The Ultra reverb has an additional diffuser stage. The Ultra pitch shifter has local pitch detection with a polyphonic mode. The pitch algorithms are identical but the pitch detection in the Ultra is better. The biggest advantage to the pitch detection in the Ultra is realized when using pitch feedback effects."

• Members

"The Ultra reverb has an additional diffuser stage. The Ultra pitch shifter has local pitch detection with a polyphonic mode. The pitch algorithms are identical but the pitch detection in the Ultra is better. The biggest advantage to the pitch detection in the Ultra is realized when using pitch feedback effects."

Well, I sorta meant for those to go in my "assorted nick-nacks" catergory.

I've never heard the two side by side so I should have just shusht it up.

I HIGHLY doubt the Ultra "sounds better" though...? :confused:

I like mine, it's cool and all, but I'm about ready to trade/sell it in the spam forum.

• Members

That actually doesn't bother me. My biggest fear is that one day they drop support for the Standard and go with the Ultra only.

Even at that, hell I used the GP100 for 13 years with zero support after one year. (didn't sell).

With the sounds I am getting I am sure it can take me through the next few years which is about all I need.

• Members

I wonder when the new axe xchange site is going to be up.

is it something fractal is setting up or a user ?

have you tried playing with the different transformers ?

Maybe some day but I like what I get from just using the stuff each amp came with.

I have downloaded some patches with three EQ's and all kinds of side {censored} going on and I was like "meh".

Some people over tweak, ya know?

• Members

I think better is subjective, maybe just a little more complex/different.

I'll give you that. Like I said, I've never heard them side by side. I really just assumed they at least sounded the same and only the features are different.

• Members

Maybe some day but I like what I get from just using the stuff each amp came with.

I have downloaded some patches with three EQ's and all kinds of side {censored} going on and I was like "meh".

Some people over tweak, ya know?

THIS ^^

I didn't find any user preset to work other than Dutch's plain amps batch. Then just add your effects for the cocktail of choice

Archived