New Penta Labs 12ax7/7025 ?!?

Guiary

• Members

I asked doug on the penta 12ax7m and his quote "The tone is excellent" how does it sound next to the groove tube M tube?? I just picked up a used telefunken so Im good for awhile lol. The tech- tube is interesting though! coming out of the blackburn plant, like to see it in the US soon!!

• Members

I asked doug on the penta 12ax7m and his quote "The tone is excellent" how does it sound next to the groove tube M tube?? I just picked up a used telefunken so Im good for awhile lol. The tech- tube is interesting though! coming out of the blackburn plant, like to see it in the US soon!!

Did you check the GP thread out? QC problems...

Here are a couple more comments on some problems with TechTubes:

http://www.marshallforum.com/workbench/6867-techtube-new-valve-company-old-mullard-factory-blackburn.html#post49013

Quote below is for the new TechTubes:

Also, if you read the spec sheet, you can't use one of these new tubes in an amp with other 12AX7's. Due to the heater design, all of the tubes have to be replaced, or else you can burn the heaters out of the new tubes. What's that all about???

• Members

I asked doug on the penta 12ax7m and his quote "The tone is excellent" how does it sound next to the groove tube M tube??

I'm wondering about this...think I have two of the GT 12AX7M's left to compare to.

Not sure about the heater thing with the Penta 12AX7M's though. Suppose they're worth a try at least.

I got my ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+s the other day, will have to try them against the other chinese 12AX7s I have.

Also, anyone know what the 7025F is?

• Members

I'm wondering about this...think I have two of the GT 12AX7M's left to compare to.

Not sure about the heater thing with the Penta 12AX7M's though. Suppose they're worth a try at least.

I got my ruby 12AX7AC5 HG+s the other day, will have to try them against the other chinese 12AX7s I have.

Also, anyone know what the 7025F is?

The heater quote above was for the new TechTubes not the penta or Ruby's.

Archived