Let's talk buying acoustics site unseen...

JBecker

• Members

That's how i bought my Taylor. Played one that i liked... searched online for the best price (by about $200 or so) and ordered it from a few states away. But i did make sure i talked to someone real on the phone... someone from that store who knew about it and all that.

• Members

Unless you can return it or you know for sure the dealer has your best interests in mind - I wouldn't do it.

Too many modern production acoustics have great tone but sound totally choked on the volume department - and it really isn't something you notice until you're playing with others.

_TJK*

• Members

Reputable dealer, guitar I've found to be consistent, price is freaking unbeatable.

Thoughts?

If you've already AB-ed a bunch of acoustics and picked this one as the one you liked best, maybe.

But my experience has been that acoustics can really surprise you. I ended up getting a butt-ugly, cheaper Taylor with a digital preamp that I didn't need, because that thing just sounded so much better than the Martins I'd come to check out.

• Members

If you've already AB-ed a bunch of acoustics and picked this one as the one you liked best, maybe.

But my experience has been that acoustics can really surprise you. I ended up getting a butt-ugly, cheaper Taylor with a digital preamp that I didn't need, because that thing just sounded so much better than the Martins I'd come to check out.

Well I've spent about a year playing acoustics all over and I've consistently preferred this model to anything else, and it was not something I expected. Only really got turned on to it in December (6months into my search) and have played three other models since and was always happy with it.

• Members

Well I've spent about a year playing acoustics all over and I've consistently preferred this model to anything else, and it was not something I expected. Only really got turned on to it in December (6months into my search) and have played three other models since and was always happy with it.

Sounds like you could go ahead then, with the 3-day return! Acoustics are fun :) (though I slightly prefer my classical guitar)

• Members

hmrmph...

never ever trust any guitar without playing!

taylors are pretty trustable.. but many a guitar have i played with a great reputation that was pretty soul free....

i've played sigmas that sang like crazy that belied their price too!

• Members

Thinking about a D-03RE.

I love me a traditional dreadnought.

Though I have to say the LV03 is somewhat attractive, I just love the sound of a dreadnought.

ah {censored}.. i think that's what it was... but the listing's expired. what're they asking for the d03?

nice guits. friend of mine has an om3, and i love that thing...

• Members

I've done it. I played a Taylor GS at a local store that closed and a year later bought one off Evilbay. The only way I will spend that much is if the sellers reputation is good, and I communicate with them first. Its a tough decision, but it all comes down to how much you trust the manufacturer and the seller.

Archived