Fortin Meathead Channel Six Clip

gainfreak

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have the prototype of this amp at my house and it sounds {censored}in MASSIVE

I already gave Mike my depoist!

you guys can't judge this amp by a clip, honestly, but you wankers can have your peavey's and your herbert if you want over priced over hyped amps!

hahaha I've owned a herbert and I wouldn't take one again if you gave it to me

the thing is these amps have NO hype! none!

anyhow back to the kids behinds the computers with thier {censored}in peavys!

C

• Members

I have the prototype of this amp at my house and it sounds {censored}in MASSIVE

I already gave Mike my depoist!

you guys can't judge this amp by a clip, honestly, but you wankers can have your peavey's and your herbert if you want over priced over hyped amps!

hahaha I've owned a herbert and I wouldn't take one again if you gave it to me

the thing is these amps have NO hype! none!

anyhow back to the kids behinds the computers with thier {censored}in peavys!

C

Prime example of HCAF Butt-hurt.:lol:

I liked the clip BTW and have had Fortin GAS for some time now.

• Members

Prime example of HCAF Butt-hurt.
:lol:

I liked the clip BTW and have had Fortin GAS for some time now.

Indeed... the truly ironic thing is that "derGotze" posts under the user name "DiezelMonster" on Rig Talk and on Huge Racks... then comes here and calls Diezels "overhyped"... Please... pretty much the classic definition of pathetic irony, with a smidge of butthurt thrown in.

Here's a link to one of his posts there: http://www.hugeracksinc.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=60158

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Can yooooooouuuuuuuuu smmmeeeeeeeelllll the hype?

• Members

Overkill...

Overpriced...

Overhyped...

Pick one.
:idk:

Sounds like a PV 6505+ in the clip. No joke.

You are entitled to your opinion but given the fact that I absolutely hate the 6505 and played both the peaveys and Fortins, id say you are hearing something Im not.

Ill also say that I knew fully well going into this that some opinions would be highly based on the price of the amp and that's ok to. Hell you should know that because of the {censored} you probably took for the Diezel amp.

All and all i wanted to post this because I love the tone and I'll take the good bad ugly. I came specifically to this site after not being here for a long while expecting exactly what I was getting into and I must say that you guys definitely do not disappoint lol!! (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way!)

Mike is an excellent guy who makes a killer product and there is something for eveyon within one of his amps.

If you don't dig that clip, Im sure that youd love his marshall mods and i'll tell you this because I know this forum..When his NATAS amp comes out I'm pretty sure a lot of guys will LOVE it.

~R~

• Members

You are entitled to your opinion but given the fact that I absolutely hate the 6505 and played the both the peaveys and Fortins, id say you are hearing something Im not.

Ill also say that I knew fully well going into this that some opinions would be highly based on the price of the amp and that's ok to. Hell you should know that because of the {censored} you probably took for the Diezel amp.

All and all i wanted to post this because I love the tone and I'll take the good bad ugly. I came specifically to this site after not being here for a long while expecting exactly what I was getting into and I must say that you guys definitely do not disappoint lol!! (and I don't mean that in a sarcastic way!)

Mike is an excellent guy who makes a killer product and there is something for eveyon within one of his amps.

If you don't dig that clip, Im sure that youd love his marshall mods and i'll tell you this because I know this forum..When his NATAS amp comes out I'm pretty sure a lot of guys will LOVE it.

~R~

Not being an ass... that's my honest opinion. And I said 6505+, not 6505. The 6505+ is much brighter with more treble... which is about all I hear in that clip... too much treble and highend. Too bright, thin and shrill.

Also I've been around the block long enough to not judge any amp based on clips alone... but so far I'm not impressed... and the mere idea of a 6 channel amp seems like simple overkill to me. Get a multi-amp rig if you need that sort of versatility. I'll wait before passing final judgement on his stuff.

:thu:

• Members

Not being an ass... that's my honest opinion. And I said 6505+, not 6505. The 6505+ is much brighter with more treble... which is about all I hear in that clip... too much treble and highend. Too bright, thin and shrill.

Also I've been around the block long enough to not judge any amp based on clips alone... but so far I'm not impressed... and the mere idea of a 6 channel amp seems like simple overkill to me. Get a multi-amp rig if you need that sort of versatility. I'll wait before passing final judgement on his stuff.

Im glad that you are giving your honest opinion. truly!

The amp most defininitely will be overkill for some and not for others. Totally understand. Hell I even opted to go for his 2 channel that will be comming out lol. With that said, I really do believe that if you get a chance to play one of his amps that you would love it.

On another note, the cabs used in that clip were brand new which is more then likely adding to the highs.

• Members

Im glad that you are giving your honest opinion. truly!

The amp most defininitely will be overkill for some and not for others. Totally understand. Hell I even opted to go for his 2 channel that will be comming out lol. With that said, I really do believe that if you get a chance to play one of his amps that you would love it.

On another note, the cabs used in that clip were brand new which is more then likely adding to the highs.

Is the depth switch on or off? Maybe that would make a difference.

Do you remember any of the settings?

• Members

Can someone explain this amp to me? Yes, its the brootz. I get that and for a while now companies have been trying to out-brootz each other. But 6 channels? Seriously, what metal band has a guitar player that needs 6 channels? This is not a criticism or anything, I just don't get it.

• Members

Is the depth switch on or off? Maybe that would make a difference.

Do you remember any of the settings?

looking at the pic of it on the orange cabs, it looks like the "gain 6" control was completely pinned. I usually don't like any amps completely dimed on the gain, it usually squashes and compresses a tone. I'd like to hear it with a little less gain to see if it opens up a little.

• Members

Six channels wow. Thought the Mesa Roadster was knobby with 4 ch.

It sounded better than this Meathead, which is ok. A lot of proven choices out there, Engl, Diezel, Mesa, Peavey, Randall, SLO, Elmwood, etc.... all cheaper. The competition may be too strong for the Fortin.

• Members

looks like to much {censored} if you ask me. i could care less if it was

heaven in a box...i still wouldnt buy it..ive gone back the other direction.

its easier and its what there basing their tones off anyway..

same thing with the bogner,herbert,etc..its all trying to reinvent the wheel.

too much..

• Members

Considering it's a raw single tracked clip without any post-EQ, I think it sounds pretty good. Most single-tracked high-gain clips sound like buzz saws. You really don't start getting quality "in-room" type sounds until you start stereo recording.

It sounds kind of Herbert or Engl SE esque in the way the high end is a touch compressed. I'm not blown away by it, but I dig it. I'm certain interested to hear more, hopefully in higher quality. I'd love to get a chance to test-run one of these.

• Members

Considering it's a raw single tracked clip without any post-EQ, I think it sounds pretty good. Most single-tracked high-gain clips sound like buzz saws. You really don't start getting quality "in-room" type sounds until you start stereo recording.

That's what I gathered from it too with my earlier post. Sounds a bit like my Deliv does when single tracked; maybe not quite as tight in the low end.

• Members

Can someone explain this amp to me? Yes, its the brootz. I get that and for a while now companies have been trying to out-brootz each other. But 6 channels? Seriously, what metal band has a guitar player that needs 6 channels? This is not a criticism or anything, I just don't get it.

Well, having the options is cool, and you can dial in multiple tones.

I use a midi-switched amp with somewhere around 50 available user settings - which could be used for up to 50 channels!

The advantage for me is that I can have very different sounds for different bands within the same amp without any knob-tweaking.

With a manual-knobs amp though, I wonder how much of a pain it would be if you grabbed your amp out of the case and found all the knobs in the wrong place....

• Members

you have that Fortin 2203 right? That video sounded killer, what channel on this Meathead cops the same tones? Do you have any clips of the proto?

You are in Jersey right?

I believe Mike plans to be in LI again around thanksgiving and we are hoping to have another gathering with all his stuff and would be killer if you can make it. There will be several of his Cali mods there in different marshall models and I am sure a Bones and Meathead. Maybe even a Natas but I dont want to put any words in Mike's mouth.

Nothing official but would be great to meet ya and you can create your own opinion :thu:

Archived