!!!!Chicago Ampfest vids (Revolt content)!!!!

MattACaster

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I can't speak for the rest of them, but on the Revolts the gain was on like 2.

:lol:
Yeah the Revolts had WAAAAAAAAAAAYYY to much gain, and like you said went from none to super saturated in the tiniest turn.

FYI in my vid its clean boosted, with the gain only at noon. :idk:

• Members

Spoken like a person utterly clueless on what an Amp Fest is all about.

It's called seeing what an amp is capable of at all settings on the dial.

I just felt I must break my silence on the amount of gain in most clips.

Will you PLEASE stop stalking me with cranked gain?

• Members

Hi guys,

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

The GT100 head is about 50 pounds and the pricing on the Guytron webpage is MSRP. Typical street price for a new one is $2995.

The latest versions of the GT100 head have slightly revised power supply circuitry and the EL84 pwoer tubes in the preamp are expected to last a long time now. Previous versions ran some voltages a little too high and the EL84s did not last very long. The El34s in the power section last as long as any other 100W EL34-based amplifier. The last couple GT100s I built actually put out about 120W before clipping. That is good for big loud clean tones. :-)

• Members

Hi guys,

Sounds like a fun time was had by all.

The GT100 head is about 50 pounds and the pricing on the Guytron webpage is MSRP. Typical street price for a new one is $2995.

The latest versions of the GT100 head have slightly revised power supply circuitry and the EL84 pwoer tubes in the preamp are expected to last a long time now. Previous versions ran some voltages a little too high and the EL84s did not last very long. The El34s in the power section last as long as any other 100W EL34-based amplifier. The last couple GT100s I built actually put out about 120W before clipping. That is good for big loud clean tones. :-)

How many El84's in the preamp and are there 12AX7's in it too?

Archived