OT: iPhone or Nokia N97

Kaz2550

• Members

Well it's upgrade time and Im thinking of getting an iPhone but I can get the N97 for quite a bit less from my current provider (Three). Spec-wise N97 beats the iPhone hands down but I'm very attracted to the idea of App-store on the iPhone which is stopping me from pulling the trigger.

Waddya think? User experiences needed especially on the N97!

n97iphone.jpg

• Members

iPhone

It has it's flaws, but there isn't anything better on the market for my needs. Now I don't know how I lived without it. Maps, email, Chase Banking App, Stock Market app, Camera that syncs to Photobucket, weather.com app, Sportacular during football season, eBay app, AP news, etc...

I'm getting ready to finally buy a 3GS, because my EDGE iPhone is old and busted. My wife has the regular 3G and it's way faster than mine. I've just been holding out because the data plan is $10 more for 3G and doesn't include 200 texts like my current EDGE plan.

• Members

I love my iPhone...it replaced 3 devices for me...my phone, palm pilot, and iPod. I use it all the time for both work and fun stuff. It lets me do probably 70% of the stuff that I need to do on the go, without dragging my laptop with me. When they add the ability to run Word, Illustrator, and Photoshop, it will cover all of my bases...:lol:. The maps feature has saved me from getting lost, the Facebook app keeps me time wasting, Pandora app lets me stream music I don't own, and the Suffocation app keeps me posted on what they're doing. I really love it. To be fair though, it's the first smartphone I've had, so I wasn't switching over from another platform or anything...so everything about it was like the invention of the wheel/fire to me. I'm also a hardcore Mac guy, so it was keeping it in the family for me, and it just works flawlessy with my laptop and other Mac gear (desktop, apple tv)...

• Members

Got a 3GS some time ago, and I like it with the exception of:

- ring tone volume. REALLY low. I miss a lot of calls due to this

- ear piece volume. Hard to hear the person on the other end. No, I'm not THAT deaf.

- Lack of MMS messaging support. {censored} logging into viewmymessages.com everytime someone sends you an MMS message!! :mad:

- battery life sucks teh horse cawk, esp with WiFi enabled

Archived