The HELP BILLY thread

DeadNight Warrior

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hey guys,

Sorry for not checking in sooner. Today, of all days, ATT decided to do some repairs on the phone wiring on the street and they turned off my internet and phone until the end of the afternoon. But I am back online now
:)

I've been sitting here for a while now trying to think what to say in response to this thread and frankly, I'm struggling with words.

I just want to say how appreciative and humbled I am from all the support and love I received from this forum. Most of you guys never met me in person and to think that you are willing to get together and help me in this situation is just beyond incredible. I see the HC forums and HCAF in particular get bashed everywhere for being nothing but a bunch of angry assholes and if this doesn't prove otherwise, I don't know what will.

In better times, I've been on the donating end of situations like this many times and never though or expected one day I would be on the other end. I've struggled so much to accept it and it's not something I would do if there was not an emergency situation at hand. Last night I spent the whole night awake trying to think how to solve this situation and at the end I decided that the best thing to do was to sell my amps to raise enough money for a down payment on a cheap car, which with my current family situation is not a luxury item but a need. When I saw this thread and people willing to help through this without me losing all my gear yet again, I just humbled myself and decided to accept it.

I want to be very upfront about the financial aspect of this since I am NOT trying to "make bank" out of this situation:

At this point, this thread has raised $577.62. Yesterday, one of my local friends was nice enough to sell one of his guitars (at a loss) and he bought my Legacy for $400. That brings what I have now close to $1000 and I am sure I can find a dealership who would be willing to work with me with this amount as a down payment since I am not buying something expensive in the first place. Therefore, at this point, it would be ok to close this for donations as I already have enough to get back on the road again and I managed to keep one of my amps so I can keep on playing.
:cool:
I have several gigs lined-up for the next few months and it would be hard to play them with no gear or with borrowed gear, but I certainly do not need 2 amps in a time like this, so selling one and keeping the other works out just perfectly. We all love to have as many toanz as we can, but honestly, as long as I have the bare minimum necessary to keep doing what I love, I am happy.

It's hard to convey feelings on the internet but I would like to say this: what happened here today is the most meaningful thing that has happened to me in a long time. One thing this recent string of bad events showed me is that there is still a lot of good and caring people in this world. From my local friends here who picked me up at a hospital miles away from their home in the middle of the night TWICE in the last 2 weeks to everybody who wrote me and called me to wish me well and offer support and of course you guys for putting this thread together to help me, I walk out of this with a LOT more faith in people I've ever had before.

{censored}, I am really struggling to write this and I hope it's coming out alright... You guys saved me today from being in a position where whether I would have to sacrifice my job and the well being of my son or sacrifice my music, which are all things I love and cherish. If I had no choice, of course I would sacrifice my gear for my family, It's something I've done before countless times. But I am SO happy I didn't have to this time.

And that's thanks to YOU, the "angry teenage assholes at HCAF", who showed MUCH more class and compassion than a lot of the "holier-than-thou" people I see bashing this place everyday.

So that's it. At this point, no more donations are needed as I was not looking for a penny over than the minimum necessary to solve this situation. But I would like to ask the mods to keep this thread as a sticky for a while, even if closed, so people who bash this place all the time can STFU and learn a thing or two about kindness and compassion from this community.

Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. When things get better - and I know they will - I will return the mojo by helping people out here. Hopefully it will be rather sooner than later.
:thu:
At this point I can't help with money, but if there is ANYTHING I can do for any of you, I am a PM away.

Again, thank you so much.
:love:

Bill Lima

TAKE THAT 577 AND BUY A BUGERA!!!!!!!!!!!! :poke::facepalm::mad:

• Members

Man, if this was TGP, I wouldn't stop until I got enough for the Ferrari and the Dumble.
:lol:
But really, I am ok with what I have right now. Thank you so much for the thought though.

You can take more. If the money comes, you take it. Build it , and they will come. I can't think of one Telethon that finally said , "That's it , we hit our goal".

• Members

Hey guys,

Sorry for not checking in sooner. Today, of all days, ATT decided to do some repairs on the phone wiring on the street and they turned off my internet and phone until the end of the afternoon. But I am back online now
:)

I've been sitting here for a while now trying to think what to say in response to this thread and frankly, I'm struggling with words.

I just want to say how appreciative and humbled I am from all the support and love I received from this forum. Most of you guys never met me in person and to think that you are willing to get together and help me in this situation is just beyond incredible. I see the HC forums and HCAF in particular get bashed everywhere for being nothing but a bunch of angry assholes and if this doesn't prove otherwise, I don't know what will.

In better times, I've been on the donating end of situations like this many times and never though or expected one day I would be on the other end. I've struggled so much to accept it and it's not something I would do if there was not an emergency situation at hand. Last night I spent the whole night awake trying to think how to solve this situation and at the end I decided that the best thing to do was to sell my amps to raise enough money for a down payment on a cheap car, which with my current family situation is not a luxury item but a need. When I saw this thread and people willing to help through this without me losing all my gear yet again, I just humbled myself and decided to accept it.

I want to be very upfront about the financial aspect of this since I am NOT trying to "make bank" out of this situation:

At this point, this thread has raised $577.62. Yesterday, one of my local friends was nice enough to sell one of his guitars (at a loss) and he bought my Legacy for $400. That brings what I have now close to $1000 and I am sure I can find a dealership who would be willing to work with me with this amount as a down payment since I am not buying something expensive in the first place. Therefore, at this point, it would be ok to close this for donations as I already have enough to get back on the road again and I managed to keep one of my amps so I can keep on playing.
:cool:
I have several gigs lined-up for the next few months and it would be hard to play them with no gear or with borrowed gear, but I certainly do not need 2 amps in a time like this, so selling one and keeping the other works out just perfectly. We all love to have as many toanz as we can, but honestly, as long as I have the bare minimum necessary to keep doing what I love, I am happy.

It's hard to convey feelings on the internet but I would like to say this: what happened here today is the most meaningful thing that has happened to me in a long time. One thing this recent string of bad events showed me is that there is still a lot of good and caring people in this world. From my local friends here who picked me up at a hospital miles away from their home in the middle of the night TWICE in the last 2 weeks to everybody who wrote me and called me to wish me well and offer support and of course you guys for putting this thread together to help me, I walk out of this with a LOT more faith in people I've ever had before.

{censored}, I am really struggling to write this and I hope it's coming out alright... You guys saved me today from being in a position where whether I would have to sacrifice my job and the well being of my son or sacrifice my music, which are all things I love and cherish. If I had no choice, of course I would sacrifice my gear for my family, It's something I've done before countless times. But I am SO happy I didn't have to this time.

And that's thanks to YOU, the "angry teenage assholes at HCAF", who showed MUCH more class and compassion than a lot of the "holier-than-thou" people I see bashing this place everyday.

So that's it. At this point, no more donations are needed as I was not looking for a penny over than the minimum necessary to solve this situation. But I would like to ask the mods to keep this thread as a sticky for a while, even if closed, so people who bash this place all the time can STFU and learn a thing or two about kindness and compassion from this community.

Thank you so much for everything you have done for me. When things get better - and I know they will - I will return the mojo by helping people out here. Hopefully it will be rather sooner than later.
:thu:
At this point I can't help with money, but if there is ANYTHING I can do for any of you, I am a PM away.

Again, thank you so much.
:love:

Bill Lima

group hug, now! :love::love::love:

group-hug.jpg

• Members

Thanks again to everybody who donated, or wished they could or just wrote to support me and wish me well. Everything is slowly coming back to normal now and I owe it all to you. BIG TIME!!!! Thank you so much!!!!!!!

:thu: glad to here that.

Archived