Those who own ps3 and xbox 360, how to decide on games?

jlc1587

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The
360 has over 600+ games and the PS3 only has 300+
and the 360 is the cheapest console on the market. Enough said.

Show me those numbers from a reliable source, and that the claimed 600 games are something more than cheap remakes of majong and tetris. :poke:

• Members

It depends. There are entire websites dedicated to comparing dual release games, I usually consult those.

Most games I've noticed look better on the 360. The only one that I've found that's marginally better on the PS3 was Arkham Asylum, it isn't as washed out as the 360 version. Plus, you can play as the Joker.

The other factor is downloadable content. Microsoft has had an upper hand here in the past.

• Members

Most games on either platform won't run in anything above 720p. The machines just aren't powerful enough for that. I'd pick the platform game by game because some look and work better on Xbox and some on PS3. Some are exactly the same on both.

I don't own either console but prefer the PS3. The UI is better, it does a lot more than just gaming and above all it's not built like {censored}. The Xbox may be cheap but I don't know anyone whose Xbox hasn't broken at least once.

• Members

I have two 360's both work fine. The 360 is a gamers system with more and better rated games, better online service and more online content. The PS3 is good for Blu-Ray and the browser but trails in the gaming department. The PS3 does eight different things half assed and the 360 does one thing really well plain and simple.

• Members

I have two 360's both work fine. The 360 is a gamers system with more and better rated games, better online service and more online content. The PS3 is good for Blu-Ray and the browser but trails in the gaming department. The PS3 does eight different things half assed and the 360 does one thing really well plain and simple.

This argument is really rather tiresome.

Especially when the PS3 has more exclusives in the top 20 (5) than the 360 does (4, two of which are xboxlive arcade games "geometry wars" :rawk:).

• Members
This argument is really rather tiresome.

Especially when the PS3 has more exclusives in the top 20 (5) than the 360 does (4, two of which are xboxlive arcade games "geometry wars"
:rawk:
).

Comparing GAME consoles amount of GAMES and GAME ratings is a tiresome argument :facepalm::confused::lol:

Isnt that kind of like saying what amp sound better is a tiresome argument?

• Members

The PS3 does eight different things half assed and the 360 does one thing really well plain and simple.

I agree with you, but the PS3 has really improved as far as online content. Their network has really grown and has a lot of cool {censored} on there.

I wouldn't say that it does anything half-assed anymore, but there's still room for improvement.

• Members

Comparing GAME consoles amount of GAMES and GAME ratings is a tiresome argument
:facepalm::confused::lol:

Isnt that kind of like saying what amp sound better is a tiresome argument?

I was referring to the "ps3 does eight things half assed, while xbox does one thing real good blah blah" arguement.

I'm not sure how you get a half assed blu ray player, but anyway.

The point I was making, is that people still go on about the "PS3 isn't as good for games", even though it has more high scoring games in the top 20 overall games charts than the 360 does.

I'm not even trying to say that makes it better, I'm just saying that the arguement that it is better for games is m00t these days, especially when what makes it better for games depends mostly on the individuals opinion of what exclusives they want to play more.

• Members

The ps3 does output 1080p. Blu ray movies are in 1080p and if you don't have 1080p it downscales it. Where are you getting that it doesn't do it?

Games that aren't in a native can output to 1080p if you turn that setting on. That is upscaled. But some games are native in 1080p.

• Members
The 360 has over 600+ games and the PS3 only has 300+ and the 360 is the cheapest console on the market. Enough said.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: what a retarded way of thinking.

I don't get it why people think 360 has better games anyway. I'd like to see some lists.

• Members
:facepalm:
what a retarded way of thinking.

I don't get it why people think 360 has better games anyway. I'd like to see some lists.

Read post #30. It is a fact the 360 has more games. It is a fact that it has more games with higher ratings according to the majority of game critics. It is also a fact that it is the least expensive console on the market. If these things mean nothing to you as a gamer I dont know what to tell you.

• Members

Read post #30. It is a fact the 360 has more games. It is a fact that it has more games with higher ratings according to the majority of game critics. It is also a fact that it is the least expensive console on the market. If these things mean nothing to you as a gamer I dont know what to tell you.

You really love microsoft huh?

• Members

No I hate Sony and their delusional fanboys that deny facts in front of their face.

You don't think that microsoft people deny stuff?

I mean really, more games? What does it matter. Almost every game out right now is on both of them. As far as games it's about the same honestly. Almost every game I got is on both systems. Doesn't matter if it has 600 games you aren't going to play most of those.

The ps3 is a better built system you can tell that just by touching the thing. lol

• Members

It comes down to controller preference, really.

There's many pros and cons for both systems, but in the end it's just whatever you're comfortable with.

For example: 360 "technically" has a better graphics card than the PS3, however PS3's actual processing power is leaps and bounds better. This shows in some games (it really depends on the port and the game engine). Some multi-platform games 'look' better on the 360 (when looked at under a microscope, so to speak) and some games 'perform' better on the PS3 (frame rate, etc), and some games are the reverse.

Some can argue that XBL is "better" than PSN, but in truth that's only because it has more crap. Unless you use all the extra stuff, you're just paying $50/year to do what you can do on PS3 for free. Don't even begin to argue "lulz Ps3 is so bad cuz of lagz lol" because A: I've never had lag issue on PS3, and B: That's usually on the game's developer, not the system. For example: Lost Planet looked better on the 360, since it was first designed for it, and most-if-not-all PC ports look and work better on 360. However, PS3 has a couple of the best looking games to date (Killzone 2, MGS4, Heavy Rain, Uncharted 2 for instance), and PS3's cell processors can blow the pants off 360 in terms of particles and physics.

All that being said, I sold my 360 after I got my PS3. None of the XBox exclusives interest me (oh em gees, another Halo!!!). I originally bought it for Dead Rising, and since Dead Rising 2 is going to be multi-platform, I didn't see any reason to keep it. For starters, I don't like the 360 controller at all. I had two of them red ring (warranty replace of course, but still a hassle), and games always performed better for me on my PS3.

The one thing that will give the edge to Sony in the future is that some say the 360 has already peaked in terms of graphics and physics capability, where the PS3 is just scratching the surface.

• Members
You don't think that microsoft people deny stuff?

I mean really, more games? What does it matter. Almost every game out right now is on both of them. As far as games it's about the same honestly. Almost every game I got is on both systems. Doesn't matter if it has 600 games you aren't going to play most of those.

The ps3 is a better built system you can tell that just by touching the thing. lol

Facts? No I dont. Amount of games deosnt matter? Seriously? :facepalm: Would you rather have 2 games to choose from or 5?

• Members
Facts? No I dont. Amount of games deosnt matter? Seriously?
Would you rather have 2 games to choose from or 5?

Quantity != quality.

Numbers really don't matter.

If on one side of the bar sits two hot chicks, and on the other sits three fatties and two hot chicks, does it matter which side you sit on?

• Members

Quantity != quality.

Numbers really don't matter.

If on one side of the bar sits two hot chicks, and on the other sits three fatties and two hot chicks, does it matter which side you sit on?

Does it matter that almost every proffessional game critic in the business give 360 games higher ratings? More 360 games have higher ratings than PS3 games according to people who study video games for a living. Dont give me that quality vs. quantity bull{censored} because the 360 has both quality and quantity, according to the majority of critics.

• Members

I bought a 360 used, with 4 wireless controllers, 2 headsets, a harddrive, and a remote for $200.

I bought the system solely to play Shadow Complex (which {censored}in' ruled).

Originally, I told myself if I was going to buy a next-gen system, it would be a PS3, for the simple fact that it had blu-ray. Now, let's be honest here for a second: if PS3 did not have the blu-ray capabilities, it would have completely failed as a hardware release.

And the reason is not because it sucks, or games are better on xbox, etc. etc. - its because Sony sucks dick at helping their developers. They are by far the most difficult company to release titles with, they have extensive trial periods (much like apple and their app store), they will deny you for very random and sometimes unexplained reasons, and that costs developers a lot of money.

They saved their butts with blu-ray, and spending fists of money to make sure it was the exclusive format, so kudos to them for that.

But when I thought about it, I was watching netflix on my xbox - in HD. I realized that just like CD's, buying movies in physical form is a thing of the past. I can sit on here and stream more and more titles in high definition, never leaving my bed. So eventually, the blu-ray advantage won't hold water anymore. I think it will last until the next gen of consoles launch though.

But - either way, they are both decent systems, and are a lot of fun. If Sony would get their own dick out of their ass, they could have really stomped the competition, but alas, ego's abound.

Archived