MarkIV CLIPS! Yes finally I've done a recording!

petejt

• Members

Finally I'm starting to get my {censored} together! :):idea:

*UPDATED WITH A NEW CLIP!*

http://www.netmusicians.org/index.php?section=user&value=petejt

The first 'tis a quick clip showing the Mesa/Boogie MarkIV at various gain stages.

I should have done more mid-gain stuff but it was recorded in the heat of the moment, so impromptu riffs :rawk: & sloppy playing guaranteed :o .

The newer clip sounds much better I think, at least the original recording of it did. I changed the position of the mic on the cab, basically I put it right against the cab, pointing directly at halfway along the side of the cone. Also I put this into stereo, and panned it slightly to the left.

The room mic is mixed lower, and panned slightly to the right.

I ripped off some early Mercyful Fate stuff, and had an effect on for most of it until near the end where you hear just raw MarkIV.

Let me know what you think about it, particularly the tones. I tried my best to capture the original sound in the room.

• Members
Finally I'm starting to get my {censored} together!
:):idea:

'tis a quick clip showing the Mesa/Boogie MarkIV at various gain stages.

I should have done more mid-gain stuff but it was recorded in the heat of the moment, so impromptu riffs
:rawk:
& sloppy playing guaranteed
:o

Let me know what you think about it, particularly the tones. I tried my best to capture the original sound in the room.

Noice!

Y'know, I've not really considered myself a Mesa guy ~ figured I'm more in the Marshall camp ... but perhaps it's just that I don't particularly care for the Recto type tones.

These tones, otoh, are quite lovely. Great clip. :thu:

Chris

• Members

Thanks again!

I've added a new clip today. I done a HEAP of recording old bits and pieces, then finally at the end managed to improve the recording quality by moving the close-mic.

(from opening post)

Basically I put it right against the cab, pointing directly at halfway along the side of the cone. Also I put this into stereo, and panned it slightly to the left.

The room mic is mixed lower, and panned slightly to the right.

I ripped off some early Mercyful Fate stuff, and had an effect on for most of it until near the end where you hear just raw MarkIV.

I reckon the second clip sounds much better.

• Members
love to hear mark IV clips sound good to me

keep em coming1

I will man :thu: .

I just got a terabyte drive yesterday, and need to get hold of a decent .mp3 converter, since the current one I am using is turning my clips to crap. Plus I need to practice my chops too.

Archived