OT: Anyone drive a Mazda 3 s hatchback here?

JnBroadbent

• Members

Getting rid of the bmw finally and I want something reliable and able to hold equipment. (and good gas milage since I travel aruond town alot teaching guitar) I hate having to get my keyboardists van just to move my cab.

Sorta gay and girly but I don't have much options. It doesn't look too bad in person.

3828443.jpg

:idk:

Probably 04-05 to save some cash for new stuff

• Members

Getting rid of the bmw finally and I want something reliable and able to hold equipment. (and good gas milage since I travel aruond town alot teaching guitar) I hate having to get my keyboardists van just to move my cab.

Sorta gay and girly but I don't have much options. It doesn't look too bad in person.

3828443.jpg

:idk:

Probably 04-05 to save some cash for new stuff

i owned that same car. same color even lol. I :lol:

awesome car. go for it!

• Members

my dad just got a 2010 3 sport. check engine light came on after 100 miles, dealer can't figure it out :cop:

he had a protege 5 before... the 3 seems like the same car with a little more pep and blinky lights and stuff inside, tighter seats, tighter handling fancier sound system, and worse visibility in all directions just like every other new car on earth. it's a good car for what it costs, probably last a long time like every other mazda.

my car was 5k less and i like it a lot better than his 3, even though mine is a lot slower. :cry: ... but it has awd :love:

• Members

my dad just got a 2010 3 sport. check engine light came on after 100 miles, dealer can't figure it out
:cop:

he had a protege 5 before... the 3 seems like the same car with a little more pep and blinky lights and stuff inside, tighter seats, tighter handling fancier sound system, and worse visibility in all directions just like every other new car on earth. it's a good car for what it costs, probably last a long time like every other mazda.

my car was 5k less and i like it a lot better than his 3, even though mine is a lot slower.
:cry:
... but it has awd
:love:

How reliable is the protege 5? I was looking at those too. :o

• Members

I've got 80,000 miles on mine already and gone through 3 sets of tires.

The only pain in the ass on the mazda is the oil filter. But, the good news is, you can goto showcase mazda and buy an adapter for the normal screw-on can type.

I also switched mine to synthetic mobil 1 after the first oil change.

I change the oil every 3,000 miles (even thought the mobil 1 is good to 7,000).

Did the same on my truck, which incidentally has over 390,000 miles on the original engine and still barks 2nd.

• Members

The only pain in the ass on the mazda is the oil filter. But, the good news is, you can goto showcase mazda and buy an adapter for the normal screw-on can type.

Did the same on my truck, which incidentally has over 390,000 miles on the original engine and still barks 2nd.

You have an 08 with 80,000 miiles? ffuuuu

• Members

Don't call my car gay and girly MF'er :mad:

I have an '06 and still love it. It's fun to drive, has plenty of power, and gets 30 mpg since I switched to Mobil 1 synthetic oil. The interior is a lot roomier than it looks from the outside and I can fit plenty of gear in the back with the back seats folded down.

Definitely a good choice and IMO there's nothing else out there in that price range that can touch it.

• Members

You have an 08 with 80,000 miiles? ffuuuu

Yeah, it was the reason I bought a mazda.

The fuel bill for my truck was ridiculous. Jeep wasn't much better. Then, airplane fuel shot up and I didn't have the money for that.

So, as of now, I make money on my mazda on fuel savings.

Only problem is, in the winter, it's hard to get it out of the long ass dirt (now muddy) driveway.:facepalm:

• Members

I have a 2006 Mazda3 hatchback that I bought new. It has 22,000 miles on it and I have had no problems with it at all. They are fun cars to drive that handle really well and the manual transmission on them is awesome if you are into driving a clutch, which I am.

My 2006 has 80,000! What do you do, drive it to the mailbox and back every day :)

• Members

The only pain in the ass on the
mazda is the oil filter
. But, the good news is, you can goto showcase mazda and buy an adapter for the normal screw-on can type.

What's it, one of those paper cartridge ones? I hate those, much easier to deal with the regular cannister ones when you're trying to get it done quickly.

And I use the mobil1 synthetic stuff too. Very good oil, pricy, but all the synthetic stuff is anyways.

• Members

Yeah, it was the reason I bought a mazda.

The fuel bill for my truck was ridiculous. Jeep wasn't much better. Then, airplane fuel shot up and I didn't have the money for that.

So, as of now, I make money on my mazda on fuel savings.

Only problem is, in the winter, it's hard to get it out of the long ass dirt (now muddy) driveway.
:facepalm:

Would it be safe to buy one closer to 100k like a honda or something. I could save a shit load.

And you must spend most of your time in that car :freak:

Archived