Massive hard drive failure, FTW.

MattACaster

• Members

Ours is 100x better than it was when I started but yeah, no big up =
:facepalm:

What kind of phone system did you go with. Right now one school can't just call an extension to get to another schoo, they have to dial the main number, like a parent, only 6 lines at the HS, but every teacher wants their own phone line
:freak:
, if the voice mail goes down at one schoo, we have to drive across town to ANOTHER school to reset just that other schools voice mail... sense... we make none.

I don't know a lot of the details of it becuase I was left out of the whole process. :facepalm:

It's not VOIP, but the whole things is still server based. All voice mails and faxes go to Outlook but are kept on a separate server. The whole company isn't on one system though. If I want to call another of our facilities I still have to dial their number.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

• Members

Yup.. well you got a PM from me.

Fun fun. I got back ups tonight so it will be another late one...we are doing outlink so our AS400 will go bye bye.... what software do you guys run? we run Jack Henry

On the 400? It's all home grown. The only software we've bought is for our accounting department and ByteSoft paging software so it alerts our phones when things go down. Beyond that, it's all been developed by our programmers.

Oh, we also use replication software to duplicate our 400 down at our Columbus branch. I think it's called NoMax.

• Moderators

I don't know a lot of the details of it becuase I was left out of the whole process.
:facepalm:

It's not VOIP, but the whole things is still server based. All voice mails and faxes go to Outlook but are kept on a separate server. The whole company isn't on one system though. If I want to call another of our facilities I still have to dial their number.

Sorry, I'm not much help.

It's cool man. Even though my boss wants to do this over the summer, I am guessing I will end up, somehow almost magically, heading this up as well.

• Members

It's cool man. Even though my boss wants to do this over the summer, I am guessing I will end up, somehow almost magically, heading this up as well.

Thats probably a good thing. That way you know how it's hooked up, how it works and that it was done right.

I wish I more more involved with our phone system. It drive me nuts that there are servers on my network I don't have control over or even access too.

• Members

Thats probably a good thing. That way you know how it's hooked up, how it works and that it was done right.

I wish I more more involved with our phone system. It drive me nuts that there are servers on my network I don't have control over or even access too.

Out entire 400 and aps will be out sourced! Pretty bad ass..no more late nights on the arcane 400 for me :thu::thu:

What is your VOIP? We use Shoretel.

JC if you HAVE to roll a voip you shoud do this. I deployed the whole thing myself in a week with no prior VOIP exp!

• Members

Out entire 400 and aps will be out sourced! Pretty bad ass..no more late nights on the arcane 400 for me
:thu:

JC if you HAVE to roll a voip you shoud do this. I deployed the whole thing myself in a week with no prior VOIP exp!

No VOIP here. ;)

• Moderators

Out entire 400 and aps will be out sourced! Pretty bad ass..no more late nights on the arcane 400 for me

Like Matt was saying, I am kinda looking forward to being involved with it. The only reason my boss even works here is because he knows telcom/phone in general (ands that's it, I run the servers and do all of the desktop stuff as well as any graphic work needed for the website, or I teach him how to do {censored}). He knows how to set up and maintain our current system. Once that information is no longer needed and I have 100% of the knowledge to run this... well... yeah... you get it. :cop:

• Members

OP - any reason you aren't running a raid 6?

That is my de-facto standard in deploying any system that isn't backed up 100% on a nightly basis. I'll use a raid 5 if it is backed up nightly.

I realize you may not have a giant budget, but HD's are dirt cheap these days, shouldn't take much convincing after this little incident to spend $100 on two more drives.

Archived