Run me through tube amps you can play at bedroom volume

LR Weizel

• Members

Fender Twin...with your choice of pedal/preamp.

The Engl Blackmore can be played at bedroom volumes with EXCELLENT tones.

I guess it DOES depend on your def of "bedroom volume", right?

Yeah my twin sound just okay at bedroom volume. However, it sounds the way I like to sound at about 7 on the volume knob.:o

• Members

I recently just picked up a Mark V, and I've been a long time Mark owner so I'm not in a honeymoon phase of any sort, my Mark IV sounded like {censored} at lower volumes too, but honestly, the Mark V is KILLER at bedroom volumes, honestly, best sounding low volume tube amp I've ever played through, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...

• Members

I recently just picked up a Mark V, and I've been a long time Mark owner so I'm not in a honeymoon phase of any sort, my Mark IV sounded like {censored} at lower volumes too, but honestly, the Mark V is KILLER at bedroom volumes, honestly, best sounding low volume tube amp I've ever played through, I'm surprised nobody has mentioned this yet...

I'm pretty sure the Mk II/III were like that too.

A lot of amps like that are based around the preamp so power tube saturation etc. doesn't matter much.

• Members

I've had good luck with Diezel and Egnater amps as well as a Stephenson amp with Power Scaling.

But if your definition of bedroom volume is really low, then absolutely nothing will sound good (tube or solid state) and you'd be better off using an Axe-Fx or other modeler with headphones.

• Members

My old Mark IV sounded great at bedroom volume :confused: My IIC+ did too but to a slightly lesser extent. I've found Diezels work well low too.

Either way though, isn't this whole a discussion a bit strange? None of these amps were ever designed for bedroom shredding...

Archived