$125 NAD!!!

guitarbilly74

• Members

Hey guys

I had to return the Carvin to its owner so I had to get an amp quick and this is what I ended up getting, for a killer price too:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1429784375.html

Since I think the guy will take the ad down soon now that it's sold, it's a Randall RH100. As soon as I saw the ad I contacted the guy immediately and bought it on the spot. I'm glad I found a good amp for so cheap, I was worried because I was ampless and I have a gig next Friday.

Amp sounds killer, no tubes I know, but still really really good. Loud as {censored} too, easily as loud as many tube 100w heads. Definitely louder than the MTS, not louder than the Legacy but then again not a lot of tube amps are louder than the Legacy either :lol:

Anyway, any other Randall users here?? settings? tips?

I pretty much got it sounding the way I want it already but I'm open to learn.

• Members
Hey guys

I had to return the Carvin to its owner so I had to get an amp quick and this is what I ended up getting, for a killer price too:

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/1429784375.html

Since I think the guy will take the ad down soon now that it's sold, it's a Randall RH100 and for $125!! As soon as I saw the ad I contacted the guy immediately and bought it on the spot. I'm glad I found a good amp for so cheap, I was worried because I was ampless and I have a gig next Friday.

Amp sounds killer, no tubes I know, but still really really good. Loud as {censored} too, easily as loud as many tube 100w heads. Definitely louder than the MTS, not louder than the Legacy but then again not a lot of tube amp are louder than the Legacy either
:lol:

Anyway, any other Randall users here?? settings? tips?

I pretty much got it sounding the way I want it already but I'm open to learn.

Nice score mang :thu: clips?

• Members
Nice score mang
:thu:
clips?

We will get a pro video of the next show so there will be full band clips in about a week. :)

Sweet score indeed the amp is in pristine condition and the guy even dropped it off at my office (also in Woodland Hills) and he's a cool dude to boot. I couldn't have asked for a better deal.

• Members
We will get a pro video of the next show so there will be full band clips in about a week.
:)

Sweet score indeed the amp is in pristine condition and the guy even dropped it off at my office (also in Woodland Hills) and he's a cool dude to boot. I couldn't have asked for a better deal.

Looking forward to it. You guys playing at the Whiskey again?

• Members

Killer, man.

Randall is one of the few companies that knows how to do SS {censored}ing CORRECTLY.

Happy NAD...and remember the immortal words of Joe Meek:

"If it sounds good, it IS good."

Yeah man, I was concerned about it being SS but honestly it just sounds good. I can't hear any of the SS stuff I normally hate (glassy highs, farty lows). It's just a solid HEAVY tone.

• Members
My Bandit sounds good for SS
:idk:
. Amps should be classified into toan or no toan not tube or ss. IMO at least.

Ah well let me know when you guys play the Whiskey in December, I'll go see you it's just two buses to the Whiskey and I'm dying to go to another good show.

Yeah the transtube are good SS amps.

I will let you know, it's either the 12th or the 19th.

• Members

Damn nice dude. GC has one of these for super cheap. How does it sound? I might check it out...but I forget what the price is and idk anything about how it sounds. HNAD!!

Sounds great, tons of gain and the Contour knob makes the amps very versatile. Counterclockwise it's the Pantera tone to a T, but turning it clockwise it adds a lot of low mids and takes it into hard rock territory. Clean channel is really nice and the reverb is awesome.

Overall, a great amp.

• Members

Sounds great, tons of gain and the Contour knob makes the amps very versatile. Counterclockwise it's the Pantera tone to a T, but turning it clockwise it adds a lot of low mids and takes it into hard rock territory. Clean channel is really nice and the reverb is awesome.

Overall, a great amp.

Congrats! Glad you found something on the cheap that you like! Have you got to practice with the band with it yet?

• Members
What happened to the Legacy GB? It was a Legacy, right?

The Legacy got sold when I got into an accident and I kept my XXX. Then I traded my XXX with my friend who bought the Legacy and got it back. Then the clutch on my new car went out and I sold the legacy to pay for the clutch. :facepalm:
It's been a hard year LOL

• Members
The Legacy got sold when I got into an accident and I kept my XXX. Then I traded my XXX with my friend who bought the Legacy and got it back. Then the clutch on my new car went out and I sold the legacy to pay for the clutch.
:facepalm:
It's been a hard year LOL

Damn, brutha. Sounds like you've had more than your share of bad luck.

• Members

Hmm, 3 channel right?

It's a 2 channel with 2 gain controls on the drive channel. Gain 2 is affected by the Contour knob and the EQ while Gain 1 is wired straight to the EQ.

Quite frankly, Gain 1 is not really that useful, it is a lot quieter than Gain 2 volume wise and it doesn't sound too good.

I am treating it like a normal 2-channel amp and leaving Gain 1 off all the time.

• Members

It's a 2 channel with 2 gain controls on the drive channel. Gain 2 is affected by the Contour knob and the EQ while Gain 1 is wired straight to the EQ.

Quite frankly, Gain 1 is not really that useful, it is a lot quieter than Gain 2 volume wise and it doesn't sound too good.

I am treating it like a normal 2-channel amp and leaving Gain 1 off all the time.

Wouldnt work for me then. Congrats though, sounds like a good deal.

Archived