Tool fans...

MattACaster

• Members

alright to the tools in this thread, lulz at your little nuthugging feelings getting hurt because I stated a FACT. Tool is the most boring group to see live. Their concerts have made me fall out of love with them. I have seen them 6 times ranging from arenas, to smaller ampitheatres and even to a "private

They sound like the cd, no deviations be it from artistic exploration, emotion being dumped into the songs or just vibing off the crowd. They are spot on with the sound, but the rest is the epitome of what a show shouldnt be... boring.

suck it fanbois, and realize why Tool named themselves that... its so you assholes will go around wearing a shirt that says TOOL all over it... grats!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

each one made me realize that they dont give a {censored} about the crowd
(maynard having his back to the crowd the entire set, or how about even calling the people sheep after they would cheer when he spoke?).

Look at your poor heart bleeding for rock n roll. :rolleyes:

Tool admits they do it for the money, and God bless them for that.

In the meantime, I enjoy the music, and I don't mind that at their concerts I don't get to stare at their crotch and pretty faces while they do cock-rock stances.

• Members

alright to the tools in this thread, lulz at your little nuthugging feelings getting hurt because I stated a FACT. Tool is the most boring group to see live. Their concerts have made me fall out of love with them. I have seen them 6 times ranging from arenas, to smaller ampitheatres and even to a "private

They sound like the cd, no deviations be it from artistic exploration, emotion being dumped into the songs or just vibing off the crowd. They are spot on with the sound, but the rest is the epitome of what a show shouldnt be... boring.

suck it fanbois, and realize why Tool named themselves that... its so you assholes will go around wearing a shirt that says TOOL all over it... grats!

CSB yup they are pompus pretentious dickheads at times ,but they have great music to back it up ,where some people here have a sticky keyboards

• Members

fail troll

• Members

I've actually seen pink floyd and David gilmour.... Tool makes them look like a cirque de sole show in comparison. Thanks for failing though
:wave:

Oh yeah and classic "we get tool" line! They battle cry of the butthurt fanboi
:lol:

when did you see pink floyd? when did you see this private tool concert?

• Members

I've actually seen pink floyd and David gilmour.... Tool makes them look like a cirque de sole show in comparison. Thanks for failing though
:wave:

Oh yeah and classic "we get tool" line! They battle cry of the butthurt fanboi
:lol:

your post is so full of fail it's not even funny, we are talking stage presence, not the bands talent or music, their shows are damned near interchangable, both bands shows are about the music, NOT the musicians performing it. both have readily admitted this.

deal with it, YOUR WRONG!!!

• Members

your post is so full of fail it's not even funny, we are talking stage presence, not the bands talent or music, their shows are damned near interchangable, both bands shows are about the music, NOT the musicians performing it. both have readily admitted this.

Oh juggy the fail is strong with you tonight! I know it's hard to read with maynards nuts in your face but if you actually read my post, you would see there wasn't a single mention of talent :lol:

wanna take another shot?

• Members

If I want to listen to a band's music, I buy their albums. When I want to see a "show" I go see them live. Tool doesn't deliver on the show part of it. It's just as effective to sit in a room with 10,000 people listening to the cd on a huge P/A as it is to see the band live...throw in some lights and some life-sized cutouts of the band and you get close to the same thing.

Sorry Juggy...but is it wrong to expect a {censored}ing show for my hard-earned (or maybe not so hard-earned :p) money?

• Members

If I want to listen to a band's music, I buy their albums. When I want to see a "show" I go see them live. Tool doesn't deliver on the show part of it. It's just as effective to sit in a room with 10,000 people listening to the cd on a huge P/A as it is to see the band live...throw in some lights and some life-sized cutouts of the band and you get close to the same thing.

Sorry Juggy...but is it wrong to expect a {censored}ing show for my hard-earned (or maybe not so hard-earned
:p
) money?

My arguement here isn't that they put on a show like Metallica does or Pantera did, it's that everyone knows what to expect when they go see Tool or Pink Floyd, it's about the music and light show/displays. some people like their shows (myself included), some people dont.

this dingleberry is trying to make it sound like Pink Floyd put on a rowdy show, and they dont.

• Members

Tool's live setting isn't for everyone.

aenima/pre aenima tours were exactly like you guys want them to be now. Maynard was right in your face screaming and moving around.

For me, I'd rather see their current live set up. To say maynard doesn't interact with the audience is stupid.

Kenny you're a fail troll either way.

• Members

My arguement here isn't that they put on a show like Metallica does or Pantera did, it's that everyone knows what to expect when they go see Tool or Pink Floyd, it's about the music and light show/displays. some people like their shows (myself included), some people dont.

this dingleberry is trying to make it sound like Pink Floyd put on a rowdy show, and they dont.

Man, I used to like their music. But then it got boring to me. I guess I just needed something more aggressive.

They are good at what they do..I just don't care for that any more.

• Members

agreed, I like them, but the last album had just a couple of tunes I liked, the one before was better, their earlier stuff was AWESOME!

I still like them, but like you, I prefer their earlier stuff.

I guess it has a lot to do with the fact that we were listening to them after we found out about Opiate. Most of the newer fans probably started with Lateralus or Aenima.

I'm that way about music. I will always think that the best Metallica album was the first one I heard (justice) etc...etc...

There are very few bands that I don't do that with.

{censored}..I just realized how old I am..lmao.

Archived