Poopy on the Potty ....

Matximus

• Members

Putting up..... Poopy on the Potty. Wrote words to this literally in five mins while goofing off on the forum back in early November. Here is the final work that took me another five minutes to wrap up musically.. this is probably the fourth or fifth time I've actually played this joker out loud....

Poopy on the Potty (if it doesn't pop up for you immediately that's cause it's still processing)

Original Forum Link

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?2841703-Poopy-in-the-Potty

• Members

Entertaining novelty song.

My mom was visiting when we were trying to potty train my oldest son. We played this video basically non-stop the whole time she was here. She still doesn't let me forget how annoying it was. :o

[video=youtube;LInXJFXpVvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LInXJFXpVvo

"To learn now to use the potty, all you have to do is listen to your body."

• Members

Yup... Potty training my kid this week, as it goes. Since I have the week off it makes a lot of sense. She took to it like duck to water. Two days: She hasn't pissed her pants. Amazing. She's two years old and two weeks. This song had nothing to do with it. She likes this song, though. She likes all songs.

The secret to potty training: Stickers. Give the kid a sticker when they take care of their business. The other secret: Start early. As soon as they realize how out of their mind mommy and daddy get on potty matters - that's when they realize they have a card to play and they ain't giving {censored} away for free... You gotta get them early - that's what everybody said and after watching this little one this week I believe it. She's such a sport about most things, still.

• Members

I think this is a terrific song, but I have a few thoughts.

This song, up until the "let's take it up part", should be rerecorded, add a bit of harmony in places, throw a few cartoon like slides into the mix and create the next viral youtube video! I mean, my kids are all past that now, but if the song is really fun (and it is), I can see it as something I would show my young tike as literally, a training aid or a motivational video. Nice job.

But after you say "let's take it up".. and start talking about airplanes and boats, it ceases to be a song that could be used with young kids and moves more into the realm of adult comedy. But to be truthful, as great as the first part is, it's all spent for me as an adult when you go into the "take it up" part. So my thought is to slice that off completely, rerecord as mentioned above, put it on youtube and become famous in the milllions of poopy homes out there with young kids.

Rick

• Members

I think this is a terrific song, but I have a few thoughts.

This song, up until the "let's take it up part", should be rerecorded, add a bit of harmony in places, throw a few cartoon like slides into the mix and create the next viral youtube video! I mean, my kids are all past that now, but if the song is really fun (and it is), I can see it as something I would show my young tike as literally, a training aid or a motivational video. Nice job.

But after you say "let's take it up".. and start talking about airplanes and boats, it ceases to be a song that could be used with young kids and moves more into the realm of adult comedy. But to be truthful, as great as the first part is, it's all spent for me as an adult when you go into the "take it up" part. So my thought is to slice that off completely, rerecord as mentioned above, put it on youtube and become famous in the milllions of poopy homes out there with young kids.

Rick

I appreciate that. But really: This is a Throway song - it's a song about Pooping that start to finish literally took 12 minutes of thought. A grown man singing about Poop? Nobody wants to hear that. It was a fun exercise - that's all it is.

• Moderators

I appreciate that. But really: This is a Throway song - it's a song about Pooping that start to finish literally took 12 minutes of thought. A grown man singing about Poop? Nobody wants to hear that. It was a fun exercise - that's all it is.

That's an easy out, isn't it? Do it! It's good. Make it a great song for kids!

Archived