Eminence Wizard vs Vintage 30 vs GT-75

tylerlespaul

• Members

You're asking about 4 different things.. Not one of those speakers will have all of what you ask.. Narrow your search down and you might make some headway..

But if you dont want to do that.. Then the G12t-75 is the closest match to your questions..

• Members

what would yall recommend the best speaker for metal in general is???

There really is no 'king' as far as 'metal' speakers go. Otherwise, this forum wouldn't exist.

G12-65's, G12-75's, GK-100's and imitations of such are pretty much your best bet to handle the "chugga" that you sound like you want.

Out of the bunch, the GT-75's are your best bet. They are versatile enough to do almost anything and are really smooth to boot. You can find them all the time on Craigslist, usually they're taken from a Marshall cab (which is why they were put in there in the first place).

Really no such thing as a bass heavy and gritty speaker, they tend to get smoother as the frequencies are expanded.

Oh and be careful around here. Sound too critical and these guys will e-tear you apart.:thu:

Welcome to HCAF, btw :)

• Members

I lean towards a V30, because they hold it together with lower tunings and lots of gain. If you need more low end oomph, I found getting a bigger cab or throwing some thicker strings on your guitar gets the job done fine. I have done both and filled out the low end thump that I wanted when using a 6505+.

Bottom line, you can experiment all day long. If you don't like the mad mid spike of the V30, then I would say trying the Warehouse Guitar Speakers Veteran 30 is a good option, and it's my favourite speaker for tone and price point.

For rock and roll sounds and a tamed mid tone, the G12-65's are the best of the bunch of the G12 series IMHO. Smooth, beefy low mids, crystal highs and grindy, barky mids. The Warehouse version, ET65's are a decent middle ground, but they sound a little more stiff... but it works for the amp's I have.

G12K-100's are also great for really powering big, mean, stiff metal tone. With a 5150, you sound like your tone is iron being dragged over asphalt. I find them a bit too fizzy sounding with the generous highs and high mids, and a bit woofy with the super huge low end minus the low mids it seems to scoop out.... but I like my low mids as you feel it in your chest and balls, not just your gut...

-Curtis

• Members

G12K-100's are also great for really powering big, mean, stiff metal tone. With a 5150, you sound like your tone is iron being dragged over asphalt. I find them a bit too fizzy sounding with the generous highs and high mids, and a bit woofy with the super huge low end minus the low mids it seems to scoop out.... but I like my low mids as you feel it in your chest and balls, not just your gut...

-Curtis

I love my k100s. Even with my 6505 combo volume on 1.5, you can feel that {censored} in your chest and in your balls man. {censored} is awesome. I didnt have the same effect with the stock speakers, or with the green machines I tried out. I really like these speakers. They are very tight and aggressive. They are fairly balanced, though not as balanced as some eminence speakers I have had. I cant crank it too much when I am practicing cuz it makes me feel like my heart is going to stop, and it rips frames off of my walls. They are tight, focused, and do an amazing job at metal tones. If you want a metal speaker, you want these. They do great for hard rock as well. They never get ice picky, the way V30s do...

Archived