Small 4x12's

theAntihero

• Members

Are any of these decent? I have 4 Green Berets laying around that are the right ohms for a 4x12 for my RedBear and since the cab i always use is asmaller 4x12, a Drive Elite which for some freak reason sounds fantastic with this amp, i was gonna get a small 4x12, replace the speakers and have a full stack just for giggles. But now i dont know.

Are any of the small 4x12s decent enough that if i change the speakers it would be a decent cab?

• Members

Ampeg V4 cabs are pretty small, smaller than marshall 1960's. They're not really heavy and are nicely built.

marshall avt cabs are also small but I wouldn't really recommend those as they are particle board or mdf, not really a good place to start imo

• Members
2x12 > 4x12

its like math but opposite. unless you have some strange affinity for carrying 4x12s up stairs.

...or you have some 290 watt amp

Wow thanks for the useless yet annoying advice. I will attempt to explain this to you:

I have 4 WGS Green Beret speakers.

The speakers are 8 ohms.

I need the cab to be 8 ohms.

The only way to get 8 ohms total load out of 8 ohm speakers is either to use 1 or 4.

A 4x12 cab has 4 speakers.

I have 4 speakers.

Conclusion: I need a 4x12. :idea:

• Members

My Laney is a small 4x12.

But alas i dont live in NY.

get an avatar or mojo or lopoline or emperor or something...

I am unfamiliar with the cab company "something"......

In all seriousness i dont think any of these have a really small cab, i.e less than 28in wide.

Archived