Reverb tank mods for more surfy spring drip verb?

hangwire

• Members

Good luck getting info here on something like that.

1. Not about hi gain amps

2. Not a parody

3. Not a flamewar

4. No womenz

5. An actual technical amp question that requires real experience instead of buying power.

Rig Talk has usually helped me out a lot more on questions like this.

• Members

What amp?

I'm guessing it's not a Fender because Fender on board verbs go WAY past "surf" to complete underwater.

no, actually most amps have too long of a reverb tank and it does the ambeint long dwell reverb... what I am looking for is to get even more snap and post attack reverb "drips" by doing a modification to the reverb tank... i was thinking either adding or subtracting a spring, or changing springs to looser or tighter? or any type of mechanical adjustements to the tank itself to do X ???

• Members

Add a pedal on top?

I guess as a last option I could get a fender 63 reverb head, but my amp has good reverb [acoustic control corp 137 combo] and it seems redundant and kinda lame to have to buy something rather than make an attempt to have what I already own better.

• Members

Good luck getting info here on something like that.

1. Not about hi gain amps

2. Not a parody

3. Not a flamewar

4. No womenz

5. An actual technical amp question that requires real experience instead of buying power.

Rig Talk has usually helped me out a lot more on questions like this.

:eek:

• Members

I have an Acoustic 125 combo. For a SS amp it kicks.. the verb is pretty much what it is. Being solid state, there's not really a way to get the Fender tube driven verb sound. The tank is short, so yes its closer than a long Mesa verb box, but one option could be to get looser springs. Maybe try a few types to get the sound you want.

Which year is your amp? The layouts differ slightly in the later 70's versions.

IMG_3928-1.jpg

• Members

The Fender 6G15 Reverb is litearlly a Reverb amplifier, drawing power from a 6K6 power tube, with a 12AT7 and a 7025 preamp tube, so It would be hard to get that level of reverb from just a tank mod. If your handy with a soldering iron and hankering for a project, I have a layout for one if you want to build it.

• Members

The Fender 6G15 Reverb is litearlly a Reverb amplifier, drawing power from a 6K6 power tube, with a 12AT7 and a 7025 preamp tube, so It would be hard to get that level of reverb from just a tank mod. If your handy with a soldering iron and hankering for a project, I have a layout for one if you want to build it.

sounds great, PM me!

can any spring be a reverb spring? where do people buy the ones for the 63 reverb amp projects???

Archived