My VHT is changing me as a guitarist.

Chrisjd

• Members
Right on man. Most of my favorite bands come from your area. In Flames and Dark Tranquility being my top 2 probably.

I can't shred very fast,
:cry:

thanks for being the first nice person on this forum on my stay so far :)
i love me some swedish metal to! do you have any clips or link to clips of the VHT so i can hear that tone? i love the search for liquid leadtones :p

• Members

That's awesome Chris! :thu:

I always thought VHTs/Fryettes were dry and less saturated amps?
I don't know much about them other than what I come across on the interwebz because I've never seen any VHT/Fryette amps around these parts.
Man I wish I could take a few of the VHT/Fryette amps for a test drive. :mad:

• Members
That's awesome Chris!
:thu:

I always thought VHTs/Fryettes were dry and less saturated amps?

I don't know much about them other than what I come across on the interwebz because I've never seen any VHT/Fryette amps around these parts.

Man I wish I could take a few of the VHT/Fryette amps for a test drive.
:mad:

I honestly think that with VHT/Fryettes if you are a fairly tight (not sloppy) player you won't really notice the dryness. I have a Deliverance and my brother has an Ultralead and they are both plenty saturated depending on how you dial them in. The thing is though, you have to turn up the gain a little more than you would most modern high gain amps. That is to say, the knob on a VHT will have to be set higher to get the same level of gain and saturation as another modern high gain head would have its gain knob set.

I also feel like playing on VHT/Fryettes has made me a better, tighter player.

• Members

I think some of the newer ULs I've played are more saturated from some of the older ones I've played. Maybe a tube thing. I don't know. But,I didn't find the older ones to be overly dry either. The UL is a killer amp. Threads like these make me want to buy another one.

• Members

What speakers you play it through? When I had the Sig:X, it sounded pretty meh, but that's probably because it was V30s, which probably wasn't a great match.

I really like v30s with VHTs actually. I was using a Diezel 412R when I had my Sig X, but my Deliverances and ULs sounded great through that cab as well. I've never had a VHT cab though - so maybe I never heard their true potential.

• Members

I really like v30s with VHTs actually. I was using a Diezel 412R when I had my Sig X, but my Deliverances and ULs sounded great through that cab as well. I've never had a VHT cab though - so maybe I never heard their true potential.

Yeah I am running this through a Marshall Mode4 cab with vintage 30s. It's an oversized cab.

I will probably buy a deliverance cab soon.

• Members
I think some of the newer ULs I've played are more saturated from some of the older ones I've played. Maybe a tube thing. I don't know. But,I didn't find the older ones to be overly dry either. The UL is a killer amp. Threads like these make me want to buy another one.

Thanks for the info guys. :thu:
Damn I really wanna find some VHT's to demo.

• Members

I honestly think that with VHT/Fryettes if you are a fairly tight (not sloppy) player you won't really notice the dryness. I have a Deliverance and my brother has an Ultralead and they are both plenty saturated depending on how you dial them in. The thing is though, you have to turn up the gain a little more than you would most modern high gain amps. That is to say, the knob on a VHT will have to be set higher to get the same level of gain and saturation as another modern high gain head would have its gain knob set.

I also feel like playing on VHT/Fryettes has made me a better, tighter player.

{censored} my gain her is at about 10 o clock with an OCD in front that is VERY VERY slightly boosting the signal. The Pittbull can pretty much do it all.

[YOUTUBE]QT9X-edfpoo[/YOUTUBE]

Archived