Why are bugera amps always associated with fire?

Fendert

• Members

I'm guessing its because some time in the past one caught on fire, but I just don't know the story. I just think its funny every time I see the word bugera I see the word fire right after it. I've never played one and never plan on it, I was just curious thanks! :)

• Members

Well, bugera probably sells a {censored} ton of their products.. so out of those there has got to be a handful of people that will end up with lemons. These people will start threads with pictures and swearing, which spread like crabs over all the music community forums and turns into a big "omgbbq fire bugera blah blah"...

-D

• Members

soooo........has one ever caught on fire for real, or are people just being ridiculous?

they use {censored} tubes from what i hear, swap tubes and for the most part you're probably golden. Bad soldering can happen with any amp but if its that bad it bound to break within plenty of time to return it.

• Members

[YOUTUBE]yJUuRgSt_PI[/YOUTUBE]

its totally untrue. here is a demo showing you can play it wide open without catching fire or blowing up. the fire extinguisher is only there to intentionally keep the false association between fire and bugera alive. :poke: wtf with doing demo with guitar way out of tune? :facepalm:

• Members

its totally untrue. here is a demo showing you can play it wide open without catching fire or blowing up. the fire extinguisher is only there to intentionally keep the false association between fire and bugera alive. :poke: wtf with doing demo with guitar way out of tune?
:facepalm:

That was the worst demo of an amp I have ever seen, is this really how this company is marketing their amps lol. He keeps talking about how loud it is, who is playing a 150 watt amp on 10 anyways?

• Members

its totally untrue. here is a demo showing you can play it wide open without catching fire or blowing up. the fire extinguisher is only there to intentionally keep the false association between fire and bugera alive. :poke: wtf with doing demo with guitar way out of tune?
:facepalm:

*talks for 10 minutes and then farts out 5 notes of which 3 are out of tune*:facepalm:

• Members

Yes some have caught fire. Not full blown on fire but they have big reliability issues. They seemed to have "fixed" it now but generally its a good meme here.

It's not that they are "that" terrible, its more the people who buy them that keeps the joke going.

• Members

I've seen bugeras
where the caps exploded
. Also where they were literally smoking, but not an open flame.

Either way, they are fucked for reliability.

I have no idea if this is really true, but I read it on the internet :)

from badcaps.net...

"

How did this happen?

The reason this problem exists is because of a large-scale industrial espionage foul-up. Some companies decided to steal an electrolyte formula from another competitor. Little be known to them, the stolen formula was incomplete and flawed. They didn't discover this until it was too late and they had manufactured and distributed literally MILLIONS of these flawed capacitors. It was way too late for any kind of recall, and even today, these crappy components are being used in new boards. As I mentioned before, I believe this problem runs much deeper than simply an industrial espionage screw-up, as that incident was exposed years ago, and the problem still exists today. Nowadays, it just boils down to corporate bean counters cutting corners to save money by using shoddy components.

"

Archived