Worried about high volumes causing dangerous vibrations on your amp? Fear not!

BlackHive

• Members

Moon Audio to the rescue with their jaw-droppingly ridiculous magnetic levitation shelf! Like all other "audiophile" gear, I'm sure they claim it makes your amp sound better through..... 'wave reduction' or 'parasitic resonance cancellation' or whatever. A bargain at only $500 (for a shelf with 8 magnets glued to it).

http://www.ohgizmo.com/2009/12/22/moon-audios-zero-gravity-magnetic-levitation-audio-shelf/

cOdQv.jpg

• Members

I wonder if strong magnets will mess with tubes being that close to them...at least to the same extent that it's helping them by reducing vibrations.

Magnets under the chassis of an amp and under the shelf it's sitting on won't effect tubes inside of the amp in any way. I don't even know if vacuum tubes are effected by magnets, period.

• Members

kinda makes you wonder, what about guitar gear freaks is laughable to the audiophiles?

i mean, that's downright silly, but surely we must have something equal to that?

pretty much everything, honestly... so much fuss about these small bandwidth 'synthesizers' with tone stacks... audiophiles HATE guitar amps, and pretty much scorn the super colored speakers, {censored} wiring, and general distortion generating amp mentality..

total culture war, for no reason, actually.

i'm kinda both, and they're just different critters.

besidedly-- a magneto-lev shelf.. kinda cool. oh-- and record players are most definitely NOT obsolete. on a broad scale, sure.. but for good sound, not at all...

Archived