Amp With Your Favorite High-Mid Voiced Crunch?

Mr Lucky Pants

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
So the Cameron Jose mod uses diodes. He basically uses a stomp box in the amp.

I was wondering why my old JCM800 2204 with a Maxon OD-808 sounded the exact same...:poke:

My ears must be more sensitive than yours... I owned a JCM800 2204 and many stomp boxes (including the Maxon OD0808) and it NEVER sounded like my Jose'. My JCM800 was a good one too...:thu:

If you are happy with what you got than that is great. How about making a quick video of it? I would love to hear the tone you speak about :thu:

No excuses... lets hear it :poke::rolleyes:

• Members
FYI, from what I've heard, the Voodoo Jose mod is NOTHING like the Cameron Jose mod. Cameron's Jose mod isn't the normal Jose Arredondo mod.

That's weird, because I have the Jose mod in my V-Plex 1x12 combo amp, and it sounds amazingly similar to this:

[YOUTUBE]w1Ir5eYXFBA[/YOUTUBE]

:idk:

• Members
That's weird, because I have the Jose mod in my V-Plex 1x12 combo amp, and it sounds amazingly similar to this:

:idk:

clips? I haven't heard many clips of it, or played one in person, but from everything I've heard on the interwebz, they don't sound similar at all

I'd love to hear if it could get close :thu:

• Members
My ears must be more sensitive than yours... I owned a JCM800 2204 and many stomp boxes (including the Maxon OD0808) and it NEVER sounded like my Jose'. My JCM800 was a good one too...
:thu:

If you are happy with what you got than that is great. How about making a quick video of it? I would love to hear the tone you speak about

No excuses... lets hear it :poke:
:rolleyes:

I dig the sound of my JMP 2204 cranked with a tubescreamer in front, but it definitely doesn't have the same pissed off sound as those Jose clips. If I thought a different OD pedal could do it I'd be all over it. :love:

• Members
I dig the sound of my JMP 2204 cranked with a tubescreamer in front, but it definitely doesn't have the same pissed off sound as those Jose clips. If I thought a different OD pedal could do it I'd be all over it.
:love:

I have always liked the JCM800 sound with a pedal in front. I really like the Timmy pedal out in front. I also like using a TC 2240 or Furman PQ3 out in front.

• Members
My ears must be more sensitive than yours... I owned a JCM800 2204 and many stomp boxes (including the Maxon OD0808) and it NEVER sounded like my Jose'. My JCM800 was a good one too...

If you are happy with what you got than that is great. How about making a quick video of it? I would love to hear the tone you speak about

No excuses... lets hear it :poke:
:rolleyes:

Ok, for reals... I keep listening to that Youtube video of your Jose Marshall. It's probably the best tone I've ever heard. I don't really listen to EVH or 80's shred or anything, but are the licks you're playing in that clip from any specific songs or are you just wanking?

Also, what are the details of that setup? Which Marshall amp is it and what guitar/pickups/FX were you running? I don't know the difference between all the versions of Marshall amps (JCM800 2204, 2203, etc.)

I'm quite happy with my Diezel VH4, but I could see myself running two amps in stereo... :)

• Members
I have always liked the JCM800 sound with a pedal in front. I really like the Timmy pedal out in front. I also like using a TC 2240 or Furman PQ3 out in front.

After my final upcoming semester of nursing school, assuming there'll be any jobs available by the time I pass my NCLEX, one of the first things I'm going to do is try some other OD's out. I've heard good things about those eq pedals, too. :love:

Anyway, I've seen the Jose and Aldrich modded Marshall clips posted before but didn't realize those were yours. Very kick@ss sounds! :phil:

• Members
Ok, for reals... I keep listening to that Youtube video of your Jose Marshall. It's probably the best tone I've ever heard. I don't really listen to EVH or 80's shred or anything, but are the licks you're playing in that clip from any specific songs or are you just wanking?

Also, what are the details of that setup? Which Marshall amp is it and what guitar/pickups/FX were you running? I don't know the difference between all the versions of Marshall amps (JCM800 2204, 2203, etc.)

I'm quite happy with my Diezel VH4, but I could see myself running two amps in stereo...
:)

I am using my 2008 Charvel San Dimas loaded with a Suhr Aldrich pickup. Into the Cameron Jose' modded Marshall (it was a 50 watt master volume head stock). I run a dry 4x12 loaded with Blackback 30's. I also take a line level out (slave) into a Rocktron Intellifex into a Carvin DCM150 power amp. I then use two 4x12's loaded with either 65's 75's, Blackback 30's, etc carrying the wet signal from the power amp. So I am running three 4x12's. Thanks for the interest :thu:

Archived